This position will be open until filled. This position is
eligible to work remote, with the need to report to central
Pennsylvania a few times a year as requested (this is subject to
The Vice President for Human Resources and
Organizational Development is an active member of the President's
Cabinet, as well as a key executive partner and coach who is tasked
with facilitating strategic planning and initiatives, change
management, and organizational design. This is inclusive of
leadership, employee deployment, and the securing of the future
College growth with a focus on talent, the College's culture and a
deep understanding of changes within the higher education
landscape. They will be successful in advancing diversity and
inclusion, including creating advancement opportunities for
underrepresented groups. The incumbent continually formulates
effective human resource strategies, policies, procedures,
programs, and services through collaboration with the President and
Cabinet and the many constituencies within the College.
The position will report to a physical campus location. This is
subject to change.
Master's Degree and 8 years experience, including 5 years
supervisory/management experience or a combination of experience
and education sufficient to successfully perform the essential
duties of the job.
$125,093 - $156,367
Job Specific Task List:
- Serve as an advisor to the President and College leadership
regarding human resource issues within the College. Provide a deep
understanding of long-range human resources trends and their impact
on the College's future growth. - (Essential)
- Plan, develop, organize, implement, direct, and evaluate the
College's human resource functions, including but not limited to
employee relations, performance management, employee recognition,
professional development, succession planning, employee health and
safety, wellness, labor relations, classification, compensation,
benefits, talent acquisition and human resources information system
administration. - (Essential)
- Participate in the development of the College's plans and
programs as a strategic partner, keeping in focus impacts on
employees and ensuring compliance with all applicable state and
federal laws. Demonstrate success navigating in a complex setting
and developing cooperative working relationships with other
individuals, groups and organizations. - (Essential)
- Identify and develop key performance indicators (KPls) for the
College's human resources functions as they relate to the strategic
plan. Plays an analytical role to monitor, analyze and identify
strategic needs, gaps, and risks. - (Essential)
- As a strategic business advisor, evaluate and advise on the
impact of long range planning of new programs, strategies and
regulatory action as those items impact the attraction, motivation,
development and retention of the people resources of the College. -
- Oversee and assess staffing strategies and implementation plans
and programs to identify talent within and outside the College for
positions of responsibility. - (Essential)
- Oversee and assess strategies related to labor relations,
compensation and benefits programs to provide motivation,
incentives and rewards for effective performance and to provide
programs which utilize an employee and College partnership for the
short and long range health and welfare protection of the
employees. - (Essential)
- In collaboration with the vice president of inclusion and
diversity, assists in the development of formal employee diversity
recruitment efforts; ensures employee hiring, development and
retention initiatives are free from bias; promotes diversity and
cultural competence within the performance management system; and
monitors employee demographic advancement. - (Essential)
- Develop human resource planning models to identify competency,
knowledge and talent gaps and develop specific programs for the
filling of the gaps. Areas of activity will include talent
management through proper succession planning programs for key
contributor and management positions, training and development
programs for preparing employees for more significant
responsibilities and general College business. - (Essential)
- Develop appropriate policies and procedures for effective
management of the human resource information systems database and
necessary reports for critical analyses of the College's human
resources, workers' compensation, unemployment programs. -
- Work with management to oversee organizational development and
structure, employee relations and culture building, and
communication. - (Essential)
- Serves as a member of the President's Cabinet; travel to all
campuses and to the external College community is required;
presentations and public speaking required. - (Essential)
- Perform other duties as assigned. - (Standard)
Full Time 12 Month
About Us: www.hacc.edu
Learning for all; learning for life.
Our Diversity Statement:
As an institution of higher
education, HACC recognizes its responsibility to maintain an
environment that affirms the diversity of people and ideas.
HACC embraces, supports, and actively pursues a policy of
inclusiveness that reflects and appreciates the diversity of the
community it serves and the world in which we live.
The Board of Trustees and the President lead HACC’s commitment to
open access to education, diversity, cultural sensitivity, and
equal opportunity in employment. This commitment serves to promote
a college-wide environment of collegiality, inclusiveness, respect,
and cultural competence.
Our Core Values:
- We set high goals and achieve them.
- We consistently perform above our own and others’
- We provide exceptional service to all.
- We challenge the status quo.
- We continually strive to develop new and creative approaches to
the education and training needs of our communities.
- We promote respect, collegiality, diversity and empathy in all
we say and do.
- We nurture awareness and cultural sensitivity to create a
climate of trust.
- We create a learning environment that appreciates
- We respect the shared governance decision-making process.
- We behave in a manner consistent with our core values.
- We are honest, open and truthful in our statements and
- We provide the most accurate information available in all
Apr 13, 2022 Eastern Daylight Time