Instructor, Automotive Collision Repair (Spring Semester 2021 - Term Limited)
Posting Number F00615 Position Title Instructor, Automotive Collision Repair (Spring Semester 2021 - Term Limited) Internal Position Title Instructor, Automotive Collision Repair (Term Limited) Department Automotive Collision Repair Position Type Full-Time Faculty Job Family Faculty Job Summary
The College of Lake County is currently searching for one term limited Auto Collision Repair full-time faculty member to be housed in the Engineering, Mathematics and Physical Sciences Division. Responsibilities for this position include teaching courses in the Auto Collision Repair Technology department. This position will be involved in the instruction of first and second year college level courses to a diverse student body during daytime, evening, and possibly Saturday classes at our main campus, extension sites and local business and industry sites. The faculty member will develop, prepare, and revise instructional materials as well as participate in program evaluation and curriculum planning and development. The instructor will participate in department, division, and general faculty meetings, serve on division and college committees, and participate in other forms of college service. Instructors are required to maintain an active program of professional development related to institutional objectives. The instructor will utilize appropriate technology to deliver instructional materials, maintain grades, provide timely communications with students, etc. The instructor shall maintain appropriate office hours for student access. Maintains current knowledge of subject matter via professional organization membership, attendance of seminars, conferences and classes, and professional publications.
1) At least 5-years of collision repair related field work experience- AND -(Current ASE -Collision,-OR-I- CAR certification).
2) A commitment to the community college mission and to working with diverse student populations.
3) Reflecting departmental and institutional values, candidates are expected to have the ability to advance the Department’s commitment to diversity and inclusion.
4) Ability to work effectively and constructively with persons of diverse cultures, language groups, and abilities; demonstrate sensitivity to and ability to work with the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural and ethnic backgrounds of community college students, faculty, and staff, including those with disabilities; establish and maintain effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of work.
Associate’s Degree or higher in Automotive Collision Repair or a related field with at least 3-years of collision repair related field work experience- AND -(Current ASE -Collision,-OR-I- CAR certification).
Bilingual in English and Spanish.
Posting Date 10/30/2020 Closing Date Expected Start Date 01/04/2021 Special Instructions Summary
Resume review and interview process is ongoing with the first review starting on November 12, 2020.
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled, with priority consideration given to applications completed by November 12, 2020. Additional completed applications may be considered after November 14, 2020. Posting will remain open until the position is filled.
This is a full-time, One semester term limited faculty position. Salary placement is commensurate with education and experience.
Faculty may be assigned to any of the three CLC campuses; Grayslake, Lakeshore or Southlake. New faculty hires are required to attend orientation the week prior to the start date of January 11, 2021.
Foreign Transcripts: Transcripts issued outside the United States require a course-by-course analysis with an equivalency statement from a certified transcript evaluation service verifying the degree equivalency to that of an accredited institution within the USA .
Pay Rate Per faculty contract. Full-Time/Part-Time Full-Time Location Grayslake Total Hours per week Fifteen (15) Load Hours and Ten (10) office Hours. Work Schedule
Varies according to course schedule. Ability to teach days, evening and weekends as determined by the needs of the program in any given semester. Ability to teach at all campus locations as needed (Grayslake, Lakeshore or Southlake).
The College of Lake County is an equal opportunity employer and has a strong commitment to diversity. In that spirit, it seeks a broad spectrum of candidates including minorities, women and people with disabilities. EOE /AA/M/F/D/V
Software Testing Required None Interview Process Requirements Presentation Summary of Essential Functions
Provide instruction and assess student learning in a variety of Automotive Collision Repair courses; Other responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
1) Selects, prepares and maintains current curriculum, course outlines and printed
and non-printed instructional materials. Revises and updates course content as
2) Provides the students and the Division a syllabus that clearly states course
objectives and learning outcomes, attendance policies in line with those of the
college, texts and readings, timelines and evaluation criteria, and any other
information required by College, Division, or department.
3) Meets all classes at assigned times. If unable to meet an assigned class, reports
absence to supervisor and division staff in an appropriate manner.
4) Teaches assigned courses in subject field each academic semester. Deliver course
content using a variety of teaching styles.
5) Provides instructional support to the students. Refers students, when appropriate,
to sources of specialized services within the College.
6) Is available for student consultation through phone, email, or appropriately
established office hours.
7) Evaluates student performance in meeting course objectives and learning
outcomes through assignments, projects, discussions or examinations. Provides
feedback to students in a timely manner on student performance.
8) Maintains accurate grade records as required by the College. Submits all
attendance and grade records electronically prior to the required deadlines. Is able to Provide instruction and assess student learning in a variety of Automotive Collision Repair courses; Other responsibilities include,
but are not limited to:
produce appropriate grade records for supervisor upon request.
9) Assists in the advisement of students.
10) Uses the appropriate College policies and procedures to resolve and document
student complaints, concerns and problems.
11) Assists in developing and administering discipline-appropriate measures of
student academic achievement, use departmental testing instruments as provided.
Administers other instruments designed to measure student learning outcomes as
requested and required by the department or division. Provides all results as
12) Encourages students to submit course evaluations, reviews course evaluations
when available and uses feedback to improve course delivery.
13) Participates, when appropriate, in the formation and meetings of career program
advisory committees, governance groups, College, division, and department
14) Attends faculty meetings, department meetings, and all other meetings called by
15) Attends Development Week activities and Commencement
16) Is ethical in all conduct.
17) Maintains a high level of professionalism.
18) Maintains current in compliance training, including compliance under Title IX
“Responsible Employee” and, if applicable, Clery Act Campus Security Authority.
19) Properly and effectively utilizes appropriate technology to deliver instructional
materials, maintain grades, and provide timely communications with students, etc.
20) Maintains current knowledge of subject matter via professional development such
as professional organization membership, attendance of seminars, conferences and
classes, and professional publications.
21) Provides instruction and conduct classes in accordance with the philosophy of the
College and within the scope of a defined course of study.
22) Follows all institution and regulatory policies, procedures and standards. Utilize
self-appraisal to determine progress in meeting performance objectives and career
23) Performs other duties as assigned by the Dean or Associate Dean.
Posting Specific Questions - supplemental questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Do you have at least 5-years of collision repair related
field work experience -AND- Current ASE-Collision,-OR -I-CAR
- * Do you have an Associate's Degree or higher in Automotive
Collision Repair or a related field with at least 3-years of
collision repair related field work experience-AND-(Current
- * Are you bilingual proficient in English and Spanish?
- Cover Letter
- Teaching Philosophy
- Curriculum Vitae
- Unofficial Transcript 1
- Unofficial Transcript 2
- Unofficial Transcript 3
- Other Document
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Gages Lake
- Humanities Not specified Full Time jobs in Gages Lake
- English & Literature Not specified Full Time jobs in Gages Lake
- Professional Fields Not specified Full Time jobs in Gages Lake
- Other Professional Fields Not specified Full Time jobs in Gages Lake