Posting Number S01316 Position Title Research Analyst Internal Position Title Research Analyst Department Institutional Effect/Plan/Rsrc Position Type Staff Job Family Specialist Job Summary
The Office of Institutional Effectiveness, Planning and Research ( IEPR ) upholds the college’s culture of inquiry and evidence-informed decision-making and partners with all areas of the college to identify strategic opportunities and advance efforts toward achieving institutional excellence.
Under the direction of the Assistant Director of Institutional Effectiveness, Planning and Research, the Research Analyst is responsible for managing institutional reporting processes and completing research, collection, analysis, interpretation, and reporting of data statistics to support the IEPR mission.
CLC offers a competitive salary, excellent benefits that currently includes BlueCross/BlueShield of Illinois health, Delta dental and Superior vision insurance plans, tuition support for employees and qualified family members, three retirement plans, disability, group and supplemental life insurance, health and dependent care flexible spending account plans, a four-day work week in the summer (Fridays off!), generous vacation, sick and personal time off and 13 paid holidays each year.
The College of Lake County ( CLC ) is a comprehensive community college located in northeastern Illinois committed to being an innovative educational institution providing life-changing paths for our students by offering exceptional learning experiences.
The college is widely recognized for student success, business and community partnerships and for the achievements of our faculty, staff and alumni. Long-known as an employer of choice in Lake County, CLC was ranked #15 on the Forbes list of Top 100 Employers in the State of Illinois for 2019.
1. Bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited institution of higher education with emphasis in statistics, education, social sciences, or a related field.
2. Minimum of three years professional experience performing educational, social, or market research.
3. Applied professional experience in designing and conducting qualitative, quantitative, and mixed methods educational research.
4. Advanced training and professional experience with descriptive and inferential statistics and data analytics.
5. Professional experience delivering research findings to both technical and lay audiences including the use of data visualization and data storytelling.
6. Experience developing, documenting, maintaining, and improving departmental and/or institutional processes.
7. Ability to work both autonomously and collaboratively.
8. Excellent organizational skills and ability to prioritize work and handle multiple tasks and deadlines.
9. Ability to adapt to competing and shifting priorities with high levels of efficiency and accuracy.
10. Proficiency with Microsoft Office 365 suite.
11. Experience using SPSS or other statistical program; experience working with large data sets.
12. Familiarity with PeopleSoft (or other student information systems) and experience running queries from institutional databases.
13. Meticulous attention to detail and commitment to analytical rigor.
14. Experience maintaining discretion with sensitive or confidential data or information in compliance with federal law, college policy, and departmental directives.
15. Ability to perform this work in an office environment, with or without reasonable accommodations.
16. Ability to pass a background check and be authorized to work in the United States.
17. Ability to work effectively and constructively with persons of diverse cultures, language groups, and abilities; demonstrate sensitivity to and ability to work with the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural and ethnic backgrounds of community college students, faculty, and staff, including those with disabilities; establish and maintain effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of work.
1. Master’s degree in relevant field from accredited institution.
2. 5 or more years of relevant career experience.
3. Engagement in professional scholarly associations or other evidence of continued professional development.
4. Professional experience in educational/institutional research in higher education.
5. Prior experience in community college setting.
6. Familiarity with Illinois Community College System ( ICCB ) reporting requirements and processes.
7. Professional experience using survey tools such as Qualtrics or Survey Monkey.
8. Demonstrated commitment to the College of Lake County mission and values.
Posting Date 11/19/2020 Closing Date Expected Start Date Special Instructions Summary
This position is open until filled.
Pay Rate $22.83/Hr. Full-Time/Part-Time Full-Time Location Grayslake Total Hours per week 40.00 Work Schedule
Days – Monday through Friday*
Hours – 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.*
Months – Twelve (12)*
*May vary in accordance with the needs of the College
Software Testing Required Excel, MS Word Interview Process Requirements None EEO Statement
The College of Lake County is an equal opportunity employer and has a strong commitment to diversity. In that spirit, it seeks a broad spectrum of candidates including minorities, women and people with disabilities. EOE /AA/M/F/D/V
Summary of Essential Functions
People, Project, and Process Management 40%
• Design qualitative, quantitative, and mix-method institutional research studies based on sound methodology and best practices in higher education.
• Develop, document, maintain, and communicate department processes and practices that guide the production of standard institutional research reports and compliance-related state and federal reports.
• Coordinate the design and development of methodology for responding to ad hoc and recurring internal data requests.
• Provide guidance and training to Research Analysts in the application of department processes and practices for the production of research deliverables.
Product Management 30%
• Access and compile data from internal databases and systems including PeopleSoft and the CLC’s Data Warehouse; merge and manage large data sets.
• Conduct advanced descriptive and inferential statistical analyses using Microsoft Excel and/or SPSS, including but not limited to, the design of predictive models to inform college planning and decision-making.
• Develop appropriate data visualizations, written reports, and presentations to facilitate the interpretation of research findings across the college.
• Perform quality assurance checks on institutional research products by assessing accuracy of data and reports prior to delivery to stakeholders.
Student/customer service 15%
• Act as primary liaison to CLC’s Resource Development department in order to provide institutional data for grant case-making and facilitate research reporting for awards received.
• Provide consultative and technical assistance and training to college stakeholders regarding research design, statistical tools, analytical methods and software, and interpretation of research findings.
• Represent the department on committees and commissions as needed.
Department Operations and Procedures 10%
• Collaborate with IEPR leadership on strategies to enhance departmental process and practices.
• Support IEPR leadership in activities related to compliance and planning functions of the department.
• Perform other related duties as assigned.
Posting Specific Questions - supplemental questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Do you have a Bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited
institution of higher education with emphasis in statistics,
education, social sciences, or a related field?
- * Do you have a minimum of at least three years professional
experience performing educational, social, or market research?
- * Do you have applied professional experience in designing and
conducting qualitative, quantitative, and mixed methods educational
- * Do you have a Master's degree in relevant field from
- * Do you have 5 or more years of relevant career experience?
- * Do you have professional experience using survey tools such
as Qualtrics or Survey Monkey?
- Cover Letter
- Unofficial Transcript 1
- Curriculum Vitae