The Rhode Island School of Design Facilities department is actively seeking a Maintenance Technician to join its in-house team. This is a full-time position that offers excellent benefits. Maintenance Technicians at RISD p erform a variety of duties relative to general building maintenance, renovations, and new construction in all RISD buildings. As well, they assist with emergency facilities duties such as snow removal as necessary.
This position will be covered under a Collective Bargaining Agreement between Rhode Island School of Design and The Rhode Island School of Design Facilities Trades Association/NEARI/NEA.
- Perform the duties necessary to repair articles of furniture
such as cabinets, chairs, and wooden office equipment and for
constructing and building woodwork such as counters, benches,
stairs, and doors. Complete sheet-rocking, insulating, steelwork,
floor tile work, masonry and cement work, carpeting, and ceramic
tile and grout work. Repair, replace and install window treatments,
i.e., shades, blinds, etc. Work from drawings or verbal
instructions using a variety of carpenter's hand tools, power
tools, and shop equipment in construction and repair
- Perform patching and painting such as touch-up, puncture
repair, graffiti removal etc. Prepare paint, polyurethane woodwork,
and wooden office equipment.
- Repair roofs, gutters, and sidewalls working from ladders or
- Perform minor plumbing, electrical, and HVAC maintenance and
repairs in conjunction with and under the direction of the physical
plant lead staff.
- Assist in campus snow removal effort. Provide assistance during
campus emergencies as required.
- Make appointments with outside contractors and escort same
through buildings as needed.
- Drive RISD vehicle to transport materials and staff to the job
site(s), possibly outside normal business hours.
- High school or equivalent combination of education and work
- Two to four years related building maintenance experience with
knowledge of carpentry trade including methods, tools, and
- Valid driver’s license required.
- Basic computer skills, such as Microsoft Office Suite and
- Previous experience working with outside contractors
Yes- Facilities Trades Association
This is a full-time, 40-hour per week position.
Some night and weekend hours may be required.
Documents Needed to Apply:
Incomplete applications will not be considered. Please upload all required documents.
The successful candidate will be required to meet our pre-employment background screening requirements.
RISD recognizes diversity and inclusivity as fundamental to its learning community and integral to an art and design education. We welcome candidates whose experience has prepared them to contribute to our commitment to diversity and excellence. RISD is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, or any other protected characteristic as established by law.
For internal use only - Job Family:
Facilities - Trades
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Providence
- Professional Fields Not specified Full Time jobs in Providence
- Vocational & Technical Fields Not specified Full Time jobs in Providence
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Providence
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Providence