Research Assistant III, Center for Environmental Health Sciences
The Center for Environmental Health (CEHS) Sciences invites applications for a Research Assistant III position. The person assigned to this position will perform technical and independent protocols in laboratories in CEHS.
The individual assigned to this position is responsible for the following:
- Record-keeping of statistical data
- Statistical analysis, graph generation, and presentations to the group using different programs (Word, Powerpoint, Exel, Prism programs, etc.)
- Organize and confirm proper storage of samples
- Manage laboratory survey and sample databases
- Daily maintenance of laboratory space and equipment
- Preparation and acquisition of supplies and reagents
- Supervision of undergraduate graduate students and assist in the preparation of manuscripts and posters and presentation of material for conferences and Center meetings
This position will also be responsible for event coordination, management and oversight, which involves working with the public on a variety of levels including local contacts, officials, and participants which includes but not exclusive recruit/contact participants, review/renew surveys and other forms, assemble participant packets, manage event stations, and assist with event reviews.
This position may be responsible for training and supervising undergraduate and graduate students (in addition to providing technical assistance to faculty and laboratory technicians), and complete management and oversight of outside events during public participation.
- Experience in laboratory management, technology implementation, molecular assay development, field experience, database management and supervisory experience working with all levels of laboratory personnel
Minimum Required Experience
- Bachelor of Science degree (or equivalency) in a relevant discipline, in addition to three (3) years of closely related experience; or any combination of experience and education that provides the competencies necessary to successfully discharge the duties and responsibilities assigned to the position.
About the Center for Environmental Health Sciences , UM , and Missoula
The primary research mission of the Center is to advance knowledge of environmental impacts on human health. The Center brings together a critical mass of researchers to investigate mechanisms of pulmonary and cardiovascular diseases, immune and autoimmune disorders, developmental defects, degenerative diseases, genetic susceptibility, and the impacts that environmental factors have in causing or exacerbating these conditions. These studies will lead to new or better treatments, improved assessment of the actual risks caused by exposure to environmental agents, and more effective methods to detect and reduce the adverse health impacts of these agents on human health.
The University of Montana is a unit of the Montana University System with over 10,000 students. It is located in Missoula, a culturally vibrant community of about 72,000, surrounded by mountain grandeur which was recently ranked in the “ top 20 best college towns with a population of less than 250,000 ” by the American Institute for Economic Research and ranked 9th in Outside Magazine’s “ The 16 Greatest Places to Live in America” in 2014 . Many national publications recognize Missoula for its high quality of life . Abundant recreational opportunities in surrounding state and national forests and nearby Glacier National Park and Yellowstone National Park complement a thriving intellectual atmosphere. The University of Montana offers eligible employees a generous benefits package that positively separates UM from other local employers and offers many programs and policies to support work-life balance for its employees.
The University of Montana is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer and has a strong institutional commitment to the principle of diversity in all areas. In that spirit, we are particularly interested in receiving applications from a broad spectrum of qualified people who would assist the University in demonstrating its five priorities for action : Place student success at the center of all we do; drive excellence and innovation in teaching, learning, and research; embody the principle of “mission first, people always"; partner with place; and proudly tell the UM story.
To learn more about the University of Montana, Missoula, and the State of Montana, please visit the links below.
- University of Montana
- City of Missoula
- The State of Montana
Position Title: Research Assistant III
Position Number: New
Department: Center for Environmental Health Sciences
Work Schedule: Part-time, 0.4 FTE (~16 Hours a week), Variable Schedule Monday through Friday between 8:00 am to 5:00 pm, 12 months/year
Salary: $15.895/hr – Current employee’s rate of pay for this position will be determined by the staff compensation plan and will minimally be this posted salary. For questions and details regarding the staff compensation plan, email the Compensation Department .
Union Affiliation: None
Probationary Period: Six months minimum
Benefits Include : Pro-rated annual and sick leave; Public Employees Retirement (PERS) optional
Criminal Background Investigation is required prior to the Offer of Employment In accordance with University regulations, finalists for this position will be subject to criminal background investigations. ADA/EOE/AA/Veteran's Preference Reasonable accommodations are provided in the hiring process for persons with disabilities. For example, this material is available in alternative format upon request. As an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, we encourage applications from minorities, veterans, and women. Qualified candidates may request veterans’ or disabilities preference in accordance with state law. References: References not listed on the application materials may be contacted; notice may be provided to the applicant. Testing: Individual hiring departments at UM may elect to administer pre-employment tests, which are relevant to essential job functions. Employment Eligibility: All New Employees must be eligible and show employment eligibility verification by the first date of employment at UM, as legally required (e.g., Form I-9).
How to Apply
Application Deadline: Thursday, November 12, 2020 by 11:59 PM (Mountain Time)
Candidates are required to submit the following materials online via "New Resume/CV" button below
*Please note, only five (5) attachments allowed per application. Please combine documents accordingly.
A complete application Includes:
- Letter of Interest – addressing your qualifications and experience related to the stated required skills for the position. A general letter salutation such as “Dear Search Committee” or “Dear Hiring Manager” is acceptable.
- Detailed Resume – listing education and describing work experience.
- Professional References – names and contact information for three (3) professional references.
Need additional help? Check out our UM Jobs FAQ website.
Job Location Missoula, Montana, United States
Position Type Full-Time/Regular
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Bonner
- Science, Technology & Mathematics Not specified Full Time jobs in Bonner
- Biology & Life Sciences Not specified Full Time jobs in Bonner
- Geology & Earth Sciences Not specified Full Time jobs in Bonner
- Other Science & Technology Not specified Full Time jobs in Bonner