Assistant Director of Admissions
Assistant Director of Admissions
Join our Team!
Frostburg State University, Admissions Office seeks applications for an exempt, full-time Assistant Director of Admissions position. Salary commensurate with qualifications and experience; University System of Maryland benefits package includes annual leave, holidays, personal, and sick leave; tuition remission; health and life insurance, and retirement plans. FSU is proud to be a diverse and inclusive multicultural university.
- Review transfer applicants for admissibility to the University. Evaluate academic credentials for admissibility and complete transfer credit evaluations for applicants;
- Complete initial evaluation of new courses from Maryland community colleges. Update the Articulation System (ARTSYS) database of Maryland community college courses;
- Primary contact for all transfer credit questions;
- Follow all applicable policies for making decisions;
- Travel to target areas and participate in new student recruitment events (transfer days, high school visits, and college fairs);
- Conduct interviews with prospective students and their families to encourage the student's application and eventual matriculation to the University;
- Plan, coordinate, and facilitate special recruiting events for the admissions office;
- Assist with various recruiting functions; including Saturday open houses, Saturday daily visits, small group visits, and bus trips;
- Other duties as assigned.
The successful candidate will have strong communication skills, a student-oriented attitude, and a commitment to working with a diverse student population. Must be able to work occasional nights and weekends.
Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor's degree with one to three years of experience in a college or university admissions office. Knowledge of the transfer admissions processes.
Preferred Qualifications: A strong background in awarding of transfer credit.
About the University: A member institution of the University System of Maryland, with one of the most diverse student populations, Frostburg State University is a public, comprehensive, largely residential regional university offering programs in the sciences, education, business, the arts and humanities at both the undergraduate and graduate levels. FSU prides itself on being a culturally inclusive, dynamic, learning-centered institution that emphasizes teaching with equitable opportunities for professional development and research. More than 5,000 students enrolled yearly.
About the Area: FSU is located on a scenic 260-acre campus in the mountains of Western Maryland, a region rich in history, quaint shopping areas, and eclectic cafes and food choices. The Western Maryland region is considered a four-season outdoor mecca of recreational experiences offering activities such as; hiking, mountain biking, water sports, snow skiing/boarding, golfing, climbing, etc. Frostburg offers a family-friendly college town feel, accessible to major cities like Pittsburgh, Washington, DC, and Baltimore within a 2-hour drive. If you are looking for insightful colleagues, a diverse and energetic student body, and a great environment to work and call home, FSU is for you!
To apply, please visit: http://frostburg.peopleadmin.com/postings/1495
Along with your application, please provide the following:
- A resume and cover letter specifically addressing the requirements in this advertisement
- Names and contact information for three professional references
For assurance of full consideration, please submit materials by November 30, 2020
Frostburg State University welcomes and encourages women, veterans,
minorities, and individuals from diverse backgrounds and cultures to apply,
seeking to recruit and retain a diverse workforce.
FSU is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
More searches like this
- Administrative Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Frostburg
- Student Affairs Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Frostburg
- Admissions, Enrollment, Retention & Registrar Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Frostburg
- Other Student Affairs Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Frostburg