School: The School of Health Sciences
Position Type: Full-Time (1.0 FTE)
Reports to: Program Director
Purpose: Teaching (Primary), Coordination and Supervision of Individual Courses
The Principal Faculty will:
- Support the mission, vision, and ideals of the College and the Nursing program.
- Engage in teaching, scholarship, and service activities as defined in the Faculty Personnel Policies and the Constitution of the Corporate Faculty.
- Serve as principal faculty in the Nursing program with assigned teaching duties based on background and experience in class, clinical, laboratory, and simulation settings.
- Provide academic advisement to Nursing students
- Develop courses and teach undergraduate Nursing
- Oversee the clinical, laboratory, and simulation learning experiences
- Develop and pursue a research and scholarly agenda engaging students
- Contribute to accreditation and registration requirements
- Facilitate program assessment and evaluation
- Provide service to the college and profession
- Assist in the development and evaluation of curricula and programs
Qualifications and Experience
Education and Experience:
- Current active licensure to practice professional nursing in Missouri and has never been disciplined in any jurisdiction.
- MS in Nursing from an Accredited College or University that includes a clinical component.
- Experience teaching at the collegiate or university level.
- Ability and clinical experience across more than one specialty area.
- Record of clinical experience, more than 3 years.
- Ability to flex teaching style to a wide-variety of learners.
- Excellent collaborative and interpersonal communication skills.
- DNP or PhD in Nursing from an Accredited College or University.
- Doctoral research experience.
- Experience teaching baccalaureate level nursing, prelicensure.
- Experience with accreditation and program assessment.
- Experience in engaging undergraduate students in research opportunities.
- Specialty certification.
- Multiple areas of expertise including medical-surgical nursing.
Stephens College offers excellent benefits, including vacation/holiday/sick pay, health/dental/life insurance, tuition waiver and College-paid retirement plan.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Non-Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Columbia
- Health & Medicine Non-Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Columbia
- Nursing Non-Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Columbia
- Other Health & Medicine Non-Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Columbia