Assistant Professor of Surgery for Trauma Surgery
The Department of Surgery is seeking two Trauma Surgeons for fulltime academic positions at the Robert C. Byrd Health Sciences Center, West Virginia University, Charleston Campus, located in the capital city of Charleston, West Virginia. The successful candidates will provide trauma surgery services in our academic healthcare institution and provide educational opportunities for medical students and residents. Scholarly activities are highly encouraged and faculty academic rank will be commensurate with experience and qualifications.
Job Requirements by the time of appointment are:
- MD, DO or foreign equivalent degree
- Board certification or board eligibility by the American Board of Surgery in General Surgery with board certification or board eligibility in trauma/surgical critical care preferred.
- Possess aptitude and passion for educating residents and medical students
- Willingness to participate in appropriate academic, clinical research or other scholarly activity as may be required of clinical faculty
- Excellent benefits package with generous PTO
- Salary commensurate with qualifications and experience
- Culturally diverse community with amenities of a metropolitan area
- Family friendly environment
- Unsurpassed recreational activities
- Exceptional school systems
To apply, send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
West Virginia University is proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer, and is the recipient of an NSF ADVANCE award for gender equity. The University values diversity among its faculty, staff, and students, and invites applications from all qualified applicants regardless of race, ethnicity, color, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, nationality, genetics, disability, or Veteran status.