Retention and Academic Success Coach - Academic Advising
Fredonia seeks to hire an energetic and motivated professional to join the Academic Advising Services team in the role of Retention and Academic Success Coach. This person will provide high-touch support to motivate and advise students, assess student needs, goals and interests, and will help to ensure academic progress as we increase student retention, success and program completion. The Retention and Academic Success Coach will 'be responsible for retention initiatives for the following groups: new students, students on probation, students who consider withdrawing and students identified as at-risk.
Rewards & Benefits
- Competitive compensation plus comprehensive benefits plan including health, dental, and vision insurance and retirement plan options including a fixed pension plan or a 401(A) with generous employer contributions;
- Paid leave provisions including sick and holiday leave; impressive educational benefits including tuition-free study plus supplemental tuition aid;
- A rich array of services, programs and benefits to help employees advance in their career and enhance the quality of their personal life, including professional development programs and services, employee EAP and wellness programs, discounted membership to the on-campus fitness center, and access to the Campus and Community Child Care Center.
- Report to the Director of Academic Advising
- Assist students in developing an educational plan and strategies to improve student success.
- Monitor and provide intervention to students in need of support to enhance their academic success by utilizing mentoring, advising, and available technology and tracking systems.
- Coordinate group learning activities to promote student success and to foster a sense of belonging for students, particularly those who are experiencing academic difficulties.
- Outreach to students who have left from Fredonia without a degree and provide assistance to help them achieve degree completion.
- Participate in other university student recruitment and retention activities as needed
- Serve on college committees as assigned.
- Perform other related duties as required or assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree.
- Three or more years experience working directly with students in higher education, in a student counseling, advising, support services, or related setting.
- Demonstrated experience and ability to work with a diverse group of students, faculty, staff, and constituents in support of campus and department mission.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work collaboratively.
- Demonstrated organizational skills and the ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Strong oral and written interpersonal and professional communication skills.
- Proficiency with the following: Google Suite, Microsoft Office, and Banner, as well as familiarity with social media outlets.
- Master's degree
- Knowledge of and experience using best practices for student retention and student academic success.
- Demonstrated experience with, interest in, or commitment to community engagement.
- Experience with Starfish Early Alert System or similar tool that supports student success and fosters a sense of belonging.
This is a full-time, UUP represented, professional SL2 appointment
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Non-Tenured Track Competitive Full Time jobs in Fredonia
- Education Non-Tenured Track Competitive Full Time jobs in Fredonia
- Education Administration & Leadership Non-Tenured Track Competitive Full Time jobs in Fredonia
- Other Education Non-Tenured Track Competitive Full Time jobs in Fredonia