Associate or Full Professor (with tenure), General Internal Medicine (Division Head)
The Department of Medicine at the University of Washington (UW) is recruiting a new Head for the Division of General Internal Medicine. The University of Washington Division of General Internal Medicine provides primary and hospital care and is a major contributor to the recognition of UW as one of the nation’s top two medical schools for primary care medicine for three decades and the University of Washington as the #1 hospital in Washington State for 10 years. The division’s 370 faculty deliver clinical care at four medical centers and numerous ambulatory care sites throughout the Puget Sound region, providing the highest caliber health care to patients from all walks of life and all social circumstances. In addition to being outstanding clinicians, the faculty provides an impressive amount of clinical teaching to medical students and trainees and have received many prestigious awards.
More than 40 GIM faculty are actively involved in research with over 90 grants and nearly $16 million in direct research grants and contracts. Faculty in the division have established international reputations for research on a wide variety of topics, including health care delivery, quality and safety, heart disease, dementia, respiratory disease, cancer, diabetes, common infections, substance use disorders, and many others.
Members of the division have also achieved national and international prominence through leadership of prestigious organizations such as the American College of Physicians, the Society of General Internal Medicine, and others as well as membership in the National Academy of Medicine and key roles at the NIH, VA, FDA, CDC, HHS, and more.
To provide culturally competent education, discovery and patient care, the UW Department of Medicine recognizes the necessity to build a diverse faculty, student, trainee and staff community and to foster a culture that is inclusive and welcoming.
Division of General Internal Medicine Highlights:
- > 370 faculty
- 20 administrative staff, 80 research staff
- Substantial role for many faculty in medical education and training in the School of Medicine and the Internal Medicine Training Program
- Strong academic track record with nearly $16 million dollars in research grants and contracts
- 15 post-doctoral fellows including 4 fellowship/residency programs
- Clinical activity at 4 major hospitals in the Seattle area and a robust network of primary care clinics throughout Puget Sound
- Faculty spanning clinical and teaching sites throughout the WWAMI region (Washington, Wyoming, Alaska, Montana and Idaho)
- Broad mix of hospitalists, outpatient and consultative practices
We direct you to the Division website for further details: https://gim.uw.edu/
Appointment to the full-time faculty would be at the rank of associate or full professor with tenure, commensurate with experience and qualifications. This position would have an annual service period of 12 months [July 1-June 30]. University of Washington faculty engage in teaching, research and service. Applications are accepted until the position is filled. The anticipated start date would be February 2021.
Candidates should have an MD (or foreign equivalent) and board certification in Internal Medicine (or foreign equivalent).
- A demonstrated commitment to research, education and clinical practice.
- Evidence of a track-record of mentoring young physicians within an academic environment.
- A demonstrated ability to lead a diverse group of faculty and trainees using a collaborative approach.
- Currently at the rank of Associate Professor or full Professor and at least 10 years of experience in academic medicine with a track record of progressive leadership and program building.
In order to be eligible for University sponsorship for an H-1B visa, graduates of foreign (non-U.S.) medical schools must show successful completion of all three steps of the U.S. Medical Licensing Exam (USMLE), or equivalent as determined by the Secretary of Health and Human Services.
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and curriculum vitae via http://apply.interfolio.com/77364. Please submit a CV and letter of interest addressed to: Stephanie Page, MD, PhD, Search Committee Chair. For questions, please contact: Kim Flaherty at email@example.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
University of Washington is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, gender identity or expression, age, disability, or protected veteran status.
Commitment to Diversity
The University of Washington is committed to building diversity among its faculty, librarian, staff, and student communities, and articulates that commitment in the UW Diversity Blueprint (http://www.washington.edu/diversity/diversity-blueprint/). Additionally, the University’s Faculty Code recognizes faculty efforts in research, teaching and/or service that address diversity and equal opportunity as important contributions to a faculty member’s academic profile and responsibilities (https://www.washington.edu/admin/rules/policies/FCG/FCCH24.html#2432).
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Tenured/Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Seattle
- Education Tenured/Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Seattle
- Education Administration & Leadership Tenured/Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Seattle
- Health & Medicine Tenured/Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Seattle
- Medicine Tenured/Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Seattle