First Generation/Limited Income Program and Operations Manager
The First-Generation, Limited Income (FLI) Program and Operations Manager works with academic partners and colleagues in Enrollment Management and Student Life to promote, guide and assess the Georgia Tech's efforts to improve transition and retention for first-generation and financially under-resourced students. A team member within the Office of Undergraduate Education, the manager seeks to create a collaborative campus-wide culture that streamlines and strengthens services for first-generation and financially under-resourced students.
The manager plays a critical role in cultivating an inclusive and welcoming campus community that is supportive of diversity with particular attention to first-generation and financially under-resourced student issues. The manager provides leadership focused on emerging trends and best practices that positively impact success and degree progression of first-generation and financially under-resourced students. The manager serves as a visible resource and advocate to the entire Georgia Tech community regarding these issues.
The First-Generation, Limited Income (FLI) Program and Operations Manager will:
- Develop and manage initiatives that support first-generation or financially under-resourced students.
- Research and implement best practices designed to promote retention, progression and graduation of first-generation or financially under-resourced students.
- Assess student data and current practices to prioritize and scale services and resources.
- Seek opportunities to connect first-generation students to high impact practices (living learning communities, study abroad, research, internships, etc.).
- Serve as a point of contact for undergraduate first-generation college students.
- Assist students with transitioning to and navigating a complex institute environment.
- Create effective partnerships and lead cross functional engagement with academic affairs, student life, enrollment management, and other departments in the delivery and implementation of initiatives.
- Assess the impact of programs and services; use data to inform practices
- Serve on committees as needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Bachelor's Degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience
Preferred Educational Qualification
Four to six years of job related experience
About Georgia Tech
The Georgia Institute of Technology (Georgia Tech) is one of the nation's leading research universities, providing a focused, technologically based education to more than 32,000 undergraduate and graduate students. Georgia Tech has many nationally recognized programs, all top-ranked by peers and publications alike, and is ranked in the nation's top ten public universities by U.S. News and World Report. It offers degrees through the Colleges of Architecture, Computing, Engineering, Sciences, the Scheller College of Business, and the Ivan Allen College of Liberal Arts. As a leading technological university, Georgia Tech has more than 100 interdisciplinary research centers that consistently contribute vital research and innovation to America's government, industry and business. Visit www.gatech.edu
Under the leadership of the Vice Provost for Undergraduate Education, the Office of Undergraduate Education (OUE) challenges students to become accomplished learners who are able to make meaningful connections among work, study, and community. OUE connect curricular and co-curricular offerings to assist students in developing a strong foundation for success, during college and after. To learn more, visit www.oue.gatech.edu.
Georgia Tech provides equal opportunity to all faculty, staff, students, and all other members of the Georgia Tech community, including applicants for admission and/or employment, contractors, volunteers, and participants in institutional programs, activities, or services. Georgia Tech complies with all applicable laws and regulations governing equal opportunity in the workplace and in educational activities. Georgia Tech prohibits discrimination, including discriminatory harassment, on the basis of race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetics, or veteran status in its programs, activities, employment, and admissions. This prohibition applies to faculty, staff, students, and all other members of the Georgia Tech community, including affiliates, invitees, and guests.
Interested parties can apply at:
More searches like this
- Administrative Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Atlanta
- Student Affairs Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Atlanta
- Academic Advising & Academic Support Services Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Atlanta
- Admissions, Enrollment, Retention & Registrar Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Atlanta