Vice President of Finance & Administrative Services and Chief Financial Officer
California State University San Marcos
Search for the Vice President of Finance & Administrative Services and Chief Financial Officer
California State University San Marcos (CSUSM) seeks applications and nominations for the next Vice President of Finance & Administrative Services and Chief Financial Officer (VPFAS). The VPFAS will have the opportunity to make a transformative impact at CSUSM, joining a new President and Provost as a key member of the leadership team during the start of a new strategic planning process.
Since its founding in 1989 as the CSU’s 20th campus, CSUSM has grown to serve nearly 17,000 students across its four colleges and Extended Learning unit, with 43 undergraduate and 25 graduate programs. A comprehensive public university offering diverse academic programs, the campus prides itself on exemplary teaching, innovative and experiential curricula, and the application of new technologies to solve real problems. CSUSM is both a Hispanic-Serving Institution (HSI) and an Asian American and Native American Pacific Islander-Serving Institution (AANAPISI), and the institution enrolls more American Indian students per capita than any other CSU campus. Cal State San Marcos is also a national model for student access and success; more than 50 percent of graduates are the first in their families to earn a bachelor’s degree.
The Finance & Administrative Services division plays an instrumental role in managing CSUSM’s resources, ensuring fiscal, legal, and regulatory compliance for the campus, and building a culture of transparency and service. CSUSM continues to benefit from strong enrollment numbers, and the new VPFAS will need to effectively steward CSUSM’s resources in a challenging funding environment. In doing so, the VPFAS will ensure the institution’s continued financial health while making smart investments that will allow the campus to achieve long-term strategic goals and serve the University’s student-centric mission. The new VPFAS will be a bridge-builder and an educator, helping partners across CSUSM understand administrative and budgetary processes and engaging fully with shared governance in support of the mission of the University. The VPFAS will address the following key opportunities and challenges:
- Provide cohesive leadership to ensure a financially stable future
- Empower, support, and strengthen the inclusive environment for a talented and diverse staff
- Embrace the University’s system of shared governance by promoting a culture of financial transparency and service across divisions in support of the University’s mission to serve its students
- Improve technology, business processes, and administrative systems, policies, and procedures
- Collaborate on institutional level planning and translate the University’s strategic priorities into actionable financial plans
California State University San Marcos has retained Isaacson, Miller, a national executive search firm, to assist in this search. Screening of complete applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. For best consideration, please apply by December 10, 2020. For more details and to submit inquiries, nominations, and applications, visit www.imsearch.com/7686.
Cati Mitchell-Crossley, Joe Kralick, and Hayden Lizotte
1000 Sansome Street, Suite 300
San Francisco, CA 94111
California State University San Marcos is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against persons on the basis of race, color, religion, ancestry, genetic information, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, medical condition, age, disability, covered veteran’s status or any other protected status
More searches like this
- Administrative Executive Not specified Full Time jobs in San Marcos
- Business & Administrative Affairs Executive Not specified Full Time jobs in San Marcos
- Financial Affairs Executive Not specified Full Time jobs in San Marcos
- Chief Business Officers & Vice Presidents Executive Not specified Full Time jobs in San Marcos