University of South Carolina School of Medicine Greenville
Department of Biomedical Sciences
Chair, Department of Biomedical Sciences
UofSC School of Medicine (SOM) Greenville is seeking to identify
candidates for the administrative position of
Chair,Department of Biomedical Sciences. The
successful candidate will possess significant professional
accomplishments in medical education and research/scholarly
activities and have demonstrative evidence of leadership and
administrative experience. Applications at the Associate and
Professor level; Tenure Track/Non-Tenure Track/Tenure. rank and
track are negotiable. This is a full-time appointment that will be
filled through a national search process.
The Chair will report directly to the Dean.
Required Education and Experience:
- PhD, MD/PhD or equivalent terminal degree in a biomedical science.
- record of substantial scholarly achievements as evidenced by peer-reviewed publications, grantsmanship/ extramural grant reviews, leadership in professional societies, editorial board and/or other influential disseminated scholarly work.
- Demonstrated expertise in teaching with evidence of favorable evaluations; experience in curriculum design, course or program management.
- Leadership ability in the areas of academic advancement, medical education, applied or translational research.
- A Commitment to a transparent, open-minded, respectful and approachable leadership style.
- Commitment to shared governance, collegiality, and continual professional development for faculty and staff.
- Ability to build relationships among constituents and colleagues; a strong record of collaboration
- Knowledgeable about future directions in medical education and their implications for medical students
- Prior administrative experience or leadership at successive levels of responsibility.
- Demonstrated effective leadership, management and communication with faculty, staff, students, and other administrators.
- Clear commitment to modeling servant leadership.
- Experience in the development of grant proposals and the management of extramural funding.
UofSC SOMG is located at the heart of Prisma Health-Upstate, South Carolina’s most comprehensive hospital system, and is backed by two decades of partnership in providing comprehensive medical education to students from the University of South Carolina, the state’s largest public university. Faculty within the Department of Biomedical Sciences are recruited based on their passion for teaching; enthusiasm for building new programs; commitment to excellence in research/scholarship, and interest and experience that enhances our educational and research endeavors. The curriculum stresses collaborative learning, integration of direct patient care throughout all four years of training, interdisciplinary team-based care, interpersonal skills with an emphasis on communication, integration of research with real-world concerns, and life-long learning. The vision of the USCSOM Greenville is to cultivate a culture of curiosity and commitment to others to transform the health and wellness of communities. The mission of the school is to prepare physicians committed to improving the health and wellness of your family and your community through creative teaching, innovative research and quality clinical care.
The city of Greenville is a culturally and economically diverse community with an abundance of amenities, and is consistently ranked as one of the nation's best places to live. Greenville is a mid-sized metropolitan area with a low cost of living, mild climate, exceptional healthcare, and an award-winning school system. Located along Interstates I-26 and I-85 midway between Atlanta, Charlotte, and Ashville, there are mountains, lakes, beaches, whitewater rivers and streams all within easy striking distance.
How to apply:
Interested candidates should provide a (1) cover letter; (2) curriculum vitae; (3) one-page summary of research accomplishments and future plans; (4) narrative of administrative and leadership philosophy; (5) narrative of teaching philosophy; and (6) names and contact information of four references (candidate will be notified prior to references being contacted) to Dr. Angela Sharkey, Chair of the Search Committee.
Please apply to the link below:
Additional information about the UofSC School of Medicine Greenville and the department is available at: http://greenvillemed.sc.edu
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Tenured/Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Greenville
- Education Tenured/Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Greenville
- Education Administration & Leadership Tenured/Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Greenville