Research Coordinator I
Coordinates day to day activities of research protocols for two projects including Iron Deficiency and Brain Development in Youth with Internalizing Disorders, and Examining the Skeletal Effects of Psychostimulants. Protocols will include screening, enrollment, and monitoring of research participants which will be both children and adults. Ensures accurate data collection, documentation, organization and safety of research participants.
- Interviews, screen and recruits psychiatrically ill children and adult patients for study; explains process and procedures to educate participants and parents regarding the research study.
- Collects patient information; processes documents and enters information into a database.
- May perform Venipuncture (blood draws), EKGs/ECG’s and obtain vital signs on study participants.
- May collect, process, ship, and maintain paperwork for blood and saliva samples to extract DNA according to procedures outlined in study protocol.
- Employees may be required to receive on the job training of phlebotomy and EKGs/ECGs prior to performing on study participants.
- Maintains records and regulatory documents and records for both research studies in electronic medical record system (EPIC).
- Schedules research participant for tests and procedures such as laboratory tests, x-rays, and other studies specific for the research protocol.
- Retrieves and submits test results to appropriate party.
- May correspond with patient throughout study.
- Orders supplies and equipment.
- High School diploma or GED.
- Three years of relevant experience.
- Bachelor's degree in a related field.
- Experience in the use of structured interviews to assess psychiatrically ill children, adolescents, and adults, particularly the LIFE and DISC.
- Valid driver's license and willingness to commute to clinics within a 1-hr driving distance from TCH.
- Availability after hours and on weekends to accommodate children who cannot miss school.
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.