Academic Coach (#S13305)
Montgomery College is Maryland’s premier community college, serving more than 60,000 students each year through credit and noncredit programs. Montgomery College is one of Maryland’s most diverse community colleges, which includes more than 164 nations represented in our student body. Do you want to join us in our mission of providing an exceptional education and fostering student success? We are dedicated to providing an exceptional education for all of our students, and we recognize that our faculty and staff are integral to our continued success.
Job TitleAcademic Coach (#S13305)
Job Description SummaryMontgomery College, Office of Student Affairs, has need for a full-time, ACES Academic Coach, position #S13305, in the ACES – Achieving Collegiate Excellence and Success Department. Enjoy working with high school students, creating and developing career enhancing programs, and interacting with faculty, this is the opportunity for you!
This is an exempt, non-bargaining position. The normal work schedule is Monday – Friday, 8:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. Weekend and evening hours are required. The position is located in Germantown, MD.
This position provides one-to-one and group meetings with program participants to identify barriers and determine and implement an individual success plan for successful high school completion, preparation and access to college. The academic coach will identify and select students in the target population in order to provide a broad range of student support to students who have been identified as at-risk of not attending or completing college.
Montgomery College is a public, fully accredited, open admission institution. Led by President DeRionne P. Pollard, Ph.D., Montgomery College is dedicated to student success and widely recognized for the quality and scope of its academic programs. Do you want to join us in our mission of providing an exceptional education and fostering student success? The faculty and staff of MC are integral to our continued excellence. We are looking for dedicated professionals for opportunities throughout the College.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Provide information sessions to students and parents to assist them in understanding the benefits of the program.
- Meet regularly with designated high school liaison to establish and maintain positive working relationships and identify resources needed, either through Montgomery College (MC) or Montgomery County Public Schools (MCPS).
- Meet regularly with ACES Assistant Director and other academic coaches to complete program initiatives, problem solve and share best practices.
- Provide ongoing communication with, the high school community, program participants, and parents.
- Provide financial aid and scholarship information and direct assistance in completing financial aid forms.
- Provide information on how to apply to college and assist with the application process.
- Provide support and referrals for students experiencing family, personal, or economic issues which may impact school performance.
- Coordinate the logistics for; transportation, permission, and selection of appropriate events and experiences.
- Track progress of one-on-one meetings, group meetings, program activities and events.
- Master's degree in Higher Education, Psychology, Social Work, or related field. A master’s degree is required for this position, and must be awarded by December 2020 as a condition of employment.
- Minimum of three years working with underrepresented students in higher education.
- Two years assisting high school students with college admissions, financial aid and scholarship processes.
- Experience managing caseloads and case files.
- Thorough knowledge of community social service systems, academic coaching, and personal counseling.
- Skilled in verbal and written communications, interpersonal relations, computer technologies, (i.e., word processing, spreadsheets, and presentation programs).
- Ability to use a wide range of communication tools, to work cooperatively with others, to present to small and large groups.
- Eligible applicants must currently be authorized to work in the United States and not require employer visa sponsorship.
- Bilingual, preferably Spanish.
Salary Range: $59,448 to $77,272 (annually). Initial salary placement is based on candidate experience and internal equity. New hires do not typically start beyond the mid-point of the range.
- Apply online at http://www.montgomerycollege.edu/employment
- A master’s degree is required for this position, and must be awarded by December 2020 as a condition of employment
- Cover letter preferred
- Online applications must be received by Friday, November 20, 2020
As a condition of employment, the following are required at the time of hire:
- Successful completion of a background check
- Participation in a retirement plan
Our benefits package includes: generous paid vacation, sick, paid holidays, medical, dental, vision, group legal benefits, professional development, retirement plan, educational assistance, tuition waiver for employee and dependents, wellness programming including onsite gyms, pools and classes.
For disability- related accommodations, please call 240-567-5353 or send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Montgomery College is an academic institution committed to promoting equal opportunity and fostering diversity among its student body, faculty, and staff.
Closing DateFriday, November 20, 2020
Montgomery College is a tobacco-free and smoke-free workplace
For disability-related accommodations, please call 240-567-5353 or send an email to: email@example.com .
Two (2) weeks’ notice required to provide accommodations.
Montgomery College is an academic institution committed to promoting
equal opportunity and fostering diversity among its student body, faculty, and staff.
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Rockville
- Academic Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Rockville
- Academic Administration Not specified Full Time jobs in Rockville
- Student Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Rockville
- Academic Advising & Academic Support Services Not specified Full Time jobs in Rockville