Open Search for Information Science / Information Technology for Fall 2021
The Informatics Department seeks outstanding candidates with (or near completion of) a PhD in a computing or computing-related discipline for a tenure-track position. The areas of interest include, but are not restricted to:
- Human-computer interaction
- Data science and data mining
- Social media and network analytics
- Visual computing and graphics
- Creative computing
- Cloud administration
Work Environment and Advantages
Incoming tenure-track faculty begin with a teaching load of only 1/1, supporting a highly productive research agenda.
NJIT offers competitive salaries: top 1% in faculty pay among 1,292 public universities. With a location less than 25 minutes from Manhattan, NJIT is situated squarely within the greater New York infotech corridor. NJIT has many ongoing projects and collaborations with Google, Facebook, IBM, Verizon, Audible, Panasonic, and many tech start-ups. NJIT has recently expanded its graduate programs to Jersey City, with waterfront, skyscraper facilities overlooking Lower Manhattan.
The Informatics Department is part of the Ying Wu College of Computing (YWCC), the largest college of computing in the tri-state region of New York, New Jersey, and Pennsylvania and one of the largest in the USA. About 25% of all high-tech employees in New Jersey have trained at YWCC. YWCC carries out innovative projects funded by NSF, NIH, DARPA, and partner companies such as Oculus, Verizon, and others.
Apply for a tenure-track position at NJIT easily online at http://jobs.njit.edu
- Informatics Job link: https://njit.csod.com/ats/careersite/JobDetails.aspx?site=1&id=2525
For additional information and inquiries:
- Contact email@example.com or
- Call Professor Mike Halper at (973) 596-5764.
As an EEO employer, NJIT is committed to building a diverse and inclusive teaching, research, and working environment and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, marital status, gender, disability, religion or veteran status.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Tenured/Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Newark
- Science, Technology & Mathematics Tenured/Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Newark
- Computer Sciences & Technology Tenured/Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Newark
- Other Science & Technology Tenured/Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Newark