Assistant/Associate Professor - College of Nursing 999419
Xavier University, a Catholic university in the Jesuit tradition, invites applications for a tenure-track professor position in the College of Nursing beginning in spring 2021. We offer a full range of degrees including a traditional BSN, Accelerated BSN, second-degree pre-licensure MSN, MSN, and DNP in Population Health Leadership. More information can be viewed at https://www.xavier.edu/college-of-nursing/index .
Xavier University has a strong commitment to diversity and, building upon recent success, seeks a broad spectrum of candidates including women and minorities. To be considered for the position, candidates will have a minimum of a Doctoral Degree in Nursing and four years in the practice of nursing.Currently we are looking for a candidate with teaching and coordination experience for our second-degree pre-licensure MSN/CNL (MIDAS) program. CNL certification and experience is preferred.
A principal faculty member who is tenured or who is eligible for tenure and holds the rank of Professor, Associate Professor, or Assistant Professor and participates in shared governance at Xavier University. Principal faculty are appointed and responsible for such fundamental areas as curriculum, subject matter and methods of instruction, research, faculty status, and those aspects of student life that relate directly to the educational process, service, and mission of the University (Xavier University Faculty Handbook).
Possesses a current and unencumbered license to practice as a registered nurse in Ohio and has a minimum of four years of experience as a registered nurse in the practice of nursing. The faculty member must have a master’s degree in nursing and an earned doctoral degree in nursing or a related field. Previous teaching experience in a baccalaureate or graduate program and CNL certification is preferred. Knowledge of curriculum development, methods of teaching, and evaluation are desired. Participation in the mission of the University through teaching, research, scholarship, and service is expected. Nurse Practitioner faculty must maintain their certification if teaching practice skills in NP programs.
REPORTS TO: Interim Dean of the College of Nursing
- Attends and supports the requirements for University Faculty as stated in the Faculty Handbook for teaching, service, and research.
- Participates in the shared governance of the University and School of Nursing.
- Supports the mission, objectives, and vision of the University and the School of Nursing.
- Serves on University, School, and professional committees.
- Participates with other faculty in the development, implementation, and evaluation of the curriculum, including new courses.
- Collaborates with members of the faculty concerning curricular and noncurricular issues.
- Demonstrates expert knowledge in assigned content area and serves as a consultant in area of expertise to other faculty.
- Supervises teaching assistants when utilized.
- Serves as an academic advisor to assigned students and is available for student consultation.
- Demonstrates respect and sensitivity to the student as learner and as an individual.
- Pursues scholarly activities and keeps abreast of new developments in the area(s) of nursing and area(s) of expertise.
- Participates in recruitment of new faculty.
- Evaluates courses assigned and provides feedback to the course coordinator, Interim Dean of the College of Nursing, and/or curriculum committee.
- Participates in orienting new and adjunct faculty.
- Keeps abreast of new knowledge and updates skills by attending workshops, classes, seminars related to clinical and personal interest.
- Assists students to meet the course and program objectives.
- Keeps students apprised of their progress in both theory and clinical courses per policy of the College of nursing and/or reasonable times in the course.
- Maximizes each student’s learning by incorporating a variety of educational teaching learning strategies.
- Keeps the Interim Dean of the College of Nursing informed of faculty and student issues.
- Assumes other responsibilities as needed or assigned by the Interim Dean of the College of Nursing.
Xavier University is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to enhancing equity, inclusion, and diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without discrimination on the basis of race, skin color, ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability.
To ensure consideration, interested/qualified candidates must submit a cover letter, CV and the names and contact information of three professional references on Xavier University’s website by January 24, 2021 . This position will remain open until it is filled.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Cincinnati
- Education Not specified Full Time jobs in Cincinnati
- Curriculum & Instruction Not specified Full Time jobs in Cincinnati
- Teacher Education Not specified Full Time jobs in Cincinnati
- Health & Medicine Not specified Full Time jobs in Cincinnati