Admissions and Records Assistant (Part-time)
Admissions and Records Assistant (Part-time)
4800 Preston Park Blvd, Courtyard Campus
Plano, Texas, 75093
We are searching for an experiencedAdmissions and Records Assistant (Part-time).
Provide one-on-one customer service to current and prospective students by answering the Admissions/Registrar telephones, processing the Admissions/Registrar generic email account, determining and processing residency for new and current students, and processing a variety of documents for student records.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist students with non-credit and credit registration by entering biographical/demographic information and course requests into Banner and by issuing Personal Identification Numbers (PINs) so that students may register via Collin's automated registration systems.
- Process requests for student information, including enrollment verifications and transcripts (traditional and electronic), ensuring compliance with privacy laws. Receive and process transcripts from colleges, universities and high schools for the district.
- Process admissions applications for credit students, including accurately determining and documenting residency, TSI status, and prerequisite levels. Issue ad valorem, employee and contract training waivers and senior scholarships. May code and proof applications to ensure compliance with state guidelines. Review residency documentation to accurately determine students' eligibility for in-state tuition according to state guidelines and process accordingly. Accurately document master record changes. May make residency code changes.
- Respond to calls to solve registration problems. Respond to customer inquiries in person, over the telephone and via internet, in a friendly and professional manner. Prepare and process correspondence to students via US Mail and campus e-mail. Perform essential job functions accurately while under time pressure and deadlines in an environment in which policies and procedures change continuously.
- Monitor usage of ARO forms to ensure that supplies are not depleted. Coordinate ordering of all internally provided forms. Coordinate transfer of files for retention, archival, and/or destruction. May be responsible for ordering of supplies and maintenance of ARO storeroom.
- Maintain confidentiality of student records (in compliance with the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act).
- Maintain an adequate supply of college materials, and ensure that student records are maintained in a professional and secure manner.
- Maintain the Admissions and Records Office files in a professional manner to ensure accuracy and easy retrieval for daily operations and annual internal and external audits. Secure office, including files, upon closing each day. Insure removal of discarded student records to pulping bin each night at designated campuses, may provide cashiering services by accepting payments for tuition and fees.
- Maintain current knowledge of services available at all district sites in order to make appropriate and timely referrals.
- Accept grade rosters from faculty ensuring compliance with district-wide policies and procedures for submitting grades or CEU hours. Assist faculty with questions related to on-line grading system (OASIS).
- Provide general advising for credit and non-credit classes, using the college catalog and schedule of classes. Refer students to appropriate college departments for in-depth advising.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Perform all duties and maintain all standards in accordance with college policies, procedures and Core Values.
High school diploma or GED required and one (1) year of related experience. Associate degree preferred.
An associate degree from a regionally accredited institution may be used to meet the minimum requirements.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of registration process including admissions, registration, testing, advising, records and residency
- Knowledge of College's automated registration systems
- Knowledge of Family Education Rights and Privacy Act
- Knowledge of services available at all district sites
- Customer services skills
- Good oral and written communications skills
- Problem-solving skills
- Ability to accurately determine and document residency, TSI status and prerequisite levels
- Ability to proof and code applications
- Ability to resolve registration problems
- Ability to communicate with students in person and via email and telephone
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of student records
- Ability to process admissions applications
- Ability to accurately maintain files
- Ability to make appropriate and timely referrals
- Ability to read and interpret documents
- Ability to process documents in a timely manner
- Ability to work under time pressure
- Ability to quickly switch from one duty to another
- Ability to provide accurate information to customers
Physical Demands and Working Conditions:
Sedentary Work - Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally, a negligible amount of force frequently, and/or constantly having to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time. Jobs are sedentary if walking and standing are required only occasionally and all other sedentary criteria are met. Positions in this class typically require talking, hearing, seeing, grasping, standing, walking and repetitive motions. Relatively free from unpleasant environmental conditions or hazards. Office environment. Little physical effort required.
***This is a Security Sensitive position. Therefore candidates will be subject to a criminal background check.***
The intent of this job description is to provide a representative summary of the types of duties and responsibilities that will be required of the positions given this title and shall not be construed as a declaration of the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position. Employees may be requested to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description. Fair Labor Standards Act (exempt/non-exempt) is designated by position. The employer actively supports Americans with Disabilities Act and will consider reasonable accommodations.
Employment Type: Part-time Staff
Compensation Type: Hourly
Compensation Range: $14.68 - 14.68
For any employment questions, please contact HR at (972) 985-3783 or email@example.com .
Collin College provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Part Time jobs in McKinney
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Part Time jobs in McKinney
- Affirmative Action & Equal Opportunity Not specified Part Time jobs in McKinney
- Student Affairs Not specified Part Time jobs in McKinney
- Academic Advising & Academic Support Services Not specified Part Time jobs in McKinney