Instructor I, Physics
As an Instructor I in Physics you will teach undergraduate courses at the introductory and advanced levels, as applicable; be involved in course and/or curriculum development; participate on College and University committees and/or initiatives.
Florida Gulf Coast University is a comprehensive university dedicated to quality education, research, and service. All faculty are expected to: be excellent teachers, responsive to changing professional needs; be committed to innovative delivery of instruction resulting in improved student learning; be committed to effective use of technology including distance learning and provide service to the College, University and Community. Teaching assignments may be on the main campus or at off-campus sites within our region.
Typical duties include but are not limited to:
- The standard teaching load is 12 contact hours per semester of undergraduate courses in physics and related subjects.
- Community, institutional and professional service in furtherance of FGCU’s mission is expected of all faculty.
- For service, level I instructors are expected to engage principally in teaching- and program-related service and professional development activities.
- Other duties may be assigned by the Department Chair.
Additional Job Description
- Master’s degree in Physics, Astronomy, or related discipline from a regionally accredited institution or equivalent accreditation.
- Demonstrated excellence in teaching undergraduate physics, or evidence of potential for excellent teaching undergraduate physics.
- Talent in crafting a creative and relevant learning environment in a difficult scientific subject for students in STEM fields.
- Must meet the University and College criteria for the appointment to the level of Instructor I.
- Interdisciplinary teaching experience as well as experience teaching at the general education level.
- A collaborative and collegial spirit and willingness to serve at the department and college levels commensurate with career maturity.
- Demonstrated engagement in reflective self-assessment of teaching styles and methods to ensure consistently effective instructional performance.
- Experience or interest in professional development or scholarship.
- Experience or interest in developing collaborations with faculty and mentoring students.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Experience or commitment to the use of technology in distance learning & university teaching.
- Interest in collaborating both within and outside the University in the development and delivery of instruction resulting in improved student learning. Must value service to the department, college and university.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Appointment will be made on a 9-month multi-year appointment basis available August 2021.
Because applications and materials are subject to public review and retention under Florida’s Public Records Law, please DO NOT send examples of your project/scholarship unless requested to do so. Therefore all submitted materials including articles, disks, slides, books, etc., become the property of FGCU and CANNOT BE RETURNED. As applicable, finalists will be notified of the need to submit specific additional materials. Such materials will become the property of FGCU.
Under Florida’s Public Records law, applications will be available for public review upon request.
Required Application Materials:
- Unofficial Transcripts
- Statement of Teaching Philosophy
- Curriculum Vitae
Additional Materials (the application will ask you to upload any additional required documents from the job posting.) The following are the additional that should be uploaded in that section:
- Cover Letter
- Three (3) Letters of Recommendation
This position is listed as “open until filled”, however applications received by Tuesday December 15, 2020 will receive priority consideration.
Salary is $41,000.00 - Negotiable
FGCU is an EOE AA /F/Vet/Disability Employer.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Fort Myers
- Education Not specified Full Time jobs in Fort Myers
- Curriculum & Instruction Not specified Full Time jobs in Fort Myers
- Teacher Education Not specified Full Time jobs in Fort Myers
- Professional Fields Not specified Full Time jobs in Fort Myers