Employees hired into Administrative and Professional positions posted on or after July 1, 2017, will be governed by and, if employed on July 1, 2018 will move into the new University Human Resources System. For additional information, go to http://greatplace.vcu.edu.
Position Number F32620 Is this employee on a H1B Visa? Position Type Teaching and Research Faculty Rank Open Working Title Nursing Faculty School/Unit School of Nursing Department Family & Community Health Nursing Number of Months 12 Tenure Status Open Grant funded position? No
Mission or Goal of Unit
The mission of the School of Nursing is to shape the future of nursing through the power of education, discovery, and collaboration.
Chief purpose of this position in support of above mission or goal
We invite you to apply for this open rank 12-month term or tenure-eligible Nursing Faculty position. This position will contribute to curriculum development, implementation, and evaluation; teach in graduate or undergraduate areas; make ongoing scholarly contributions to nursing science, including the incorporation of evidence-based practice into teaching and clinical activities and the publication of manuscripts; and maintain a commitment to serving the school of nursing, university, profession, and community.
Appointment to academic rank and salary are dependent on demonstrated scholarly achievement and teaching experience.
• Demonstrates commitment to contributing to VCU’s Quest 2025 (https://quest.vcu.edu/)
• Engages faculty, students, and staff to foster a diverse community at VCU
• Demonstrates an integrated academic life, contributing to the teaching, scholarship and service missions in an urban research-intensive university with an academic health sciences center.
• Participates in all aspects of curriculum including teaching in classroom or clinical settings, and evaluation.
• Maintains a commitment to serving the school of nursing, university, profession and community
• Maintains ongoing scholarly contributions consistent with academic appointment and rank.
o For tenure track faculty, maintains a program of research leading to external funding.
o For term faculty, maintains ongoing scholarly contributions to their field such as translation of evidence into practice, presentations or publications.
• Licensed or eligible for licensure as a registered nurse in Virginia
• Graduate degree in nursing
• Experience teaching in undergraduate and/or graduate nursing programs
• Documented effectiveness in collaboration and communication.
• Demonstrated experience working in and fostering a diverse faculty, staff, and student environment or commitment to do so as a faculty member at VCU
• Doctoral Degree (PhD or DNP ) in nursing or related field
• Clinical and teaching experience in any of the following areas: community health, public health, population health, and/or nursing leadership.
• Experience in simulation instruction, online instruction, accreditation, program review or assessment
• Record of accomplishments in scholarship and professional service
Date Posted 10/29/2020 Open Until Filled Yes Application Deadline Date Proposed Hire Date 01/01/2021 Type of Search National Application Process/Additional Information
As a preeminent national, urban, public research university and academic health center, Virginia Commonwealth University is committed to organizational diversity, equity and inclusion – an environment where all can thrive in their pursuit of excellence.
Applicants are requested to submit a Statement of Contributions to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (typically between 150-300 words) providing your career aspirations and contributions toward promoting diversity, equity, and inclusion. Through this statement, you can share how your lived experiences; and past, present, and future academic and professional activities have or will contribute to VCU’s mission of promoting equity and inclusion.
Note: Examples include working with others to further the goals of equity and inclusion; leading in any capacity that tangibly promotes an environment where diversity is welcomed, fostered, and celebrated; creative activity, research and scholarship that promotes equity and parity; teaching and mentoring students, and/or engaging with faculty and/or staff from traditionally underrepresented groups to create a positive and successful organizational experience.
Posted Salary Quick Link https://www.vcujobs.com/postings/101444 Diversity Statement Information For more information on diversity statements, including guidelines, please click here . Supplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application
- Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- Diversity Statement (Required for all Faculty)
- Reference Letter - 1
- Reference Letter - 2
- Reference Letter - 3