Clinical Assistant Professor - ESL/Bilingual Education - (FAC001555)
As part of an ambitious Carnegie-designated Tier One research institution, the University of Houston College of Education works to improve health and educational outcomes for all children and families through inspired teaching, innovative scholarship, and strong partnerships. Housed in the nation's most diverse and fourth-largest city, the College is committed to our mission to end the inequities that afflict traditionally underserved populations in Houston and beyond.
At the University of Houston, we not only dare to dream big dreams, but we collaborate to achieve them. Building on a trajectory of accelerated research activity, the University is pursuing a bold initiative to increase research and scholarly output by 50 percent in five years. New faculty will join a University with a growing number of nationally-funded research centers and an aggressive agenda to leverage science to make a transformative impact locally, nationally, and across the globe.
The Houston metropolitan area offers scholars rich urban and suburban environments in which to work and live – as well as opportunities for international research and study. Our College prides itself on the multiple forms of diversity embraced and valued as strengths by our students, staff, faculty, and community. UH serves more than 47,000 students and is one of the most ethnically diverse public research universities in the United States.
In the College of Education, our faculty and staff are united around five key beliefs: Our responsibility is to improve lives; achieving equity requires inspiring collective action; greater understanding depends on rigorous scientific inquiry; diverse perspectives and talents fuel excellence; and transformation requires challenging and valuing ourselves and others. These tenets drive us as we prepare future teachers, administrators, counselors, psychologists, health specialists, researchers and other leaders in their fields. With one of the most diverse student bodies in the nation, we seek to recruit and retain a diverse community of scholars. We seek experienced and ambitious colleagues whose research and teaching are strategically aligned with our ongoing work to address educational disparities. .
The CUIN Department houses our award-winning undergraduate teacher education program in addition to graduate programs in Curriculum and Instruction. We seek to hire one Clinical Assistant Professor in the area of ESL/bilingual education. Priority will be placed on applicants who value the reciprocal relationship between teaching and research and leverage that relationship to improve educational outcomes and end educational inequities. Substantive teaching experience is preferred.
The application deadline is December 1, 2020 and review of applications will begin immediately. To apply, please visit https://jobs.uh.edu/ . Complete a Candidate Profile online. Attach a letter of interest and a curriculum vitae. Candidates selected for interviews will be asked to provide contact information for five professional references. If you have questions about this clinical position, please contact Dr. Susie Gronseth or Dr. Ellie Tyson, Search Committee Co-Chairs at firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com , respectively.
The University of Houston is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Minorities, women, veterans and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
- Earned doctoral degree from an accredited institution in bilingual education/ESL or a strongly related field with at least 18 hours of graduate work in bilingual education/ESL
- Experience in bilingual teaching in K-12 and/or higher education settings
- Evidence in the priority area of supporting the improvement of educational outcomes through addressing educational inequities
- Effective teaching in a variety of formats (such as face-to-face, blended, HyFlex, online) and class sizes
- Related scholarly productivity
- Proficiency in effective course design in a variety of formats (such as face-to-face, blended, HyFlex, online)
- Mentorship experience
- Service contributions at national, college, and/or local levels
Notes to Applicant: Official transcripts are required for a faculty appointment and will be requested upon selection of the final candidate. All positions at the university are security sensitive and will require a criminal history check.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Education Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Curriculum & Instruction Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Education Administration & Leadership Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Other Education Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston