Assistant Professor - School of Health Science (Exercise Physiology)
The School of Health Sciences in the College of Nursing and Health Sciences seeks applicants for a tenure track faculty position to begin July 1, 2021. The selected candidate will be responsible for teaching courses in the candidate's area of expertise, maintaining scholarly productivity, and participating in service at the department, college, and university levels.
As a comprehensive institution of the University System of Georgia, Valdosta State University (VSU) is a welcoming, aware, and vibrant community founded on and dedicated to serving our communities’ rich and diverse heritages. VSU is proud to have a highly diverse student body and we are seeking to recruit and retain outstanding candidates who exhibit a clear commitment to diversity and inclusion and who will enhance the diversity of our faculty and staff.
The College of Nursing and Health Sciences has programs of study at the undergraduate and graduate level. The School of Health Sciences offers a Bachelor of Science in Exercise Physiology and Health Sciences, an Associate of Applied Science in Dental Hygiene, a minor in Nutritional Science (online), and a Master of Science in Exercise Physiology. The undergraduate Exercise Physiology program is accredited by CAAHEP. The Dental Hygiene program is accredited by CODA. The School of Nursing offers a Bachelor of Science in Nursing, Master of Science in Nursing with a concentration in Family Nurse Practitioner and Family Psychiatric/Mental Health Nurse Practitioner and a Doctor of Nursing Practice. The nursing programs are accredited by CCNE. For more information on the College visit https://www.valdosta.edu/colleges/nursing-and-health-sciences/.Responsibilities
Teaching primarily within the Exercise Physiology program at the undergraduate and graduate level. Additional duties may include teaching in the undergraduate Health Sciences program and the online Nutritional Science minor. Faculty members are actively involved in research, service, scholarship, and professional development.Required Qualifications
- Doctorate in exercise science/physiology or closely related field of study;
- Demonstrated commitment to excellence in teaching and learning, as well as scholarship;
- Commitment to diversity and inclusion.
- Broad teaching experience within Exercise Science/Physiology curricula;
- Employment experience in clinical exercise programming or strength and conditioning for athletics;
- Current ACSM, NSCA and/or BOC-ATC certification;
- A record of effective teaching appropriate to the applicant’s career stage;
- Ability to work effectively in a collaborative setting;
- A record of mentoring students of diverse backgrounds.
Online application is required. For more information on the position contact Dr. Webster, Search Chair, via email email@example.com or phone 229-333-5959. Valdosta State University is an Equal Opportunity educational institution and has a strong institutional commitment to diversity and inclusion. In that spirit, we are particularly interested in receiving applications from a broad spectrum of people, including, but not limited to minorities and individuals with disabilities. Valdosta State University has a non-discrimination policy that includes sex, race, color, sexual orientation, religion, age, marital status, national origin, disability, and veteran status.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Tenured/Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Valdosta
- Health & Medicine Tenured/Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Valdosta
- Kinesiology, Exercise Physiology & Physical Education Tenured/Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Valdosta