Research Asst Prof CY
Applications are invited for a Research Assistant Professor position (non-tenure track) with the Systems Software Research Group ( http://www.ssrg.ece.vt.edu/) in the Virginia Tech Bradley Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering. The position involves conducting research on program analysis and verification, in particular, on the topic of verification of machine code, targeting architectures such as x86 and ARM. The project vision involves formalizing ISA semantics, decompiling program binaries, and investigating highly scalable and automated techniques to reason about program behaviors. Additional directions including developing highly scalable, static and run-time analysis techniques for source and assembly codes.
- conducting independent research in these spaces
- developing publications for journals, conferences, and workshops, and presenting papers at conferences and workshops
- conducting technology transitions to production systems of sponsors (in relevant projects)
- developing research proposals for obtaining externally sponsored research
- Computer science or computer engineering PhD graduates with background and expertise in program verification is required.
- Candidates must have a well established track record of published research at program verification conferences and journals.
- Demonstrated creativity, independence, and high motivation.
- Strong work habits and the ability to work independently as well as within a research group.
- Good communication skills.
- Ability to work under limited supervision.
- Evidence of good project management skills.
Commensurate with experience
September 18, 2019
Review of applications will begin on September 16, 2019.
The successful Candidate will be required to have a criminal conviction check
About Virginia Tech
Virginia Tech is a public land-grant university, committed to teaching and learning, research, and outreach to the Commonwealth of Virginia, the nation, and the world. Building on its motto of Ut Prosim (that I may serve), Virginia Tech is dedicated to InclusiveVT—serving in the spirit of community, diversity, and excellence. We seek candidates who adopt and practice the Principles of Community, which are fundamental to our on-going efforts to increase access and inclusion, and to create a community that nurtures learning and growth for all of its members. Virginia Tech actively seeks a broad spectrum of candidates to join our community in preparing leaders for the world.
Virginia Tech does not discriminate against employees, students, or applicants on the basis of age, color, disability, sex (including pregnancy), gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, national origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, or veteran status, or otherwise discriminate against employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants, or on any other basis protected by law.
If you are an individual with a disability and desire accommodation please contact the hiring department.
Advertised: September 4, 2019
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Blacksburg
- Science, Technology & Mathematics Not specified Full Time jobs in Blacksburg
- Biotechnology & Bioengineering Not specified Full Time jobs in Blacksburg
- Computer Sciences & Technology Not specified Full Time jobs in Blacksburg
- Engineering Not specified Full Time jobs in Blacksburg