Main Campus - Boston, MA
Located in Boston's historic Fenway area, Simmons has a strong tradition of empowering women and challenging traditional gender roles. Simmons University was one of the first higher education institutions to prepare women to become leaders and has evolved to become a university offering a women's undergraduate program and graduate programs open to all.
You're joining our community at an especially exciting time as one of our strategic goals is to become the most inclusive campus in New England. You'll find that people who work here are truly committed to our mission of preparing students to become champions of social justice and leaders in their professions and their communities. This commitment and pride make for a dynamic workplace.
Simmons University is committed to inclusive excellence in all aspects of an individual's community experience. As a university that prioritizes diversity, equity, and inclusion, we encourage applications from all under-represented groups and are focused on inclusive hiring practices-at all levels, for all positions-ensuring diverse talent pools and the delivery of a consistent positive candidate experience. Simmons is an equal opportunity employer.
The Application Coordinator (“Coordinator”) will report directly to the Assistant Director of Operations, in the Office of Undergraduate Admission. This position will assist in all areas of Operations and is responsible for the processing of applications and supporting credentials, scanning, indexing and attaching of credentials for all prospective student populations. This includes importing application data from multiple sources, and tracking and resolving records that fail to import correctly. The Application Coordinator is responsible for coordinating the coding and generation of materials to prospective students including but not limited to decision letters and supporting packet materials. The Coordinator will assist in the execution of the mailing of decision letters for fall first-year applicants, and will provide reception assistance for the office as necessary answering phone calls and questions from prospective students and scheduling visits. The Coordinator must demonstrate the ability to manage multiple tasks, to prioritize workload and to perform duties on a timely basis and within deadlines and resolve issues as they arise.
- Audit application data, materials and requirements in Slate, identifying and resolving errors and anomalies as they arise;
- Process applications and flag incomplete materials;
- Accurately and efficiently enter manual and electronic credentials ensuring data integrity of record;
- Scan, index and attach credentials for all student populations;
- Process updates to existing applications;
- Identify and appropriately resolve duplicate records in the database;
- Run IFFU materials out of Radius when needed.
Letters to Applicants
- Assist in generating decision letters for all student populations including: accept, reject, defer, withdraw, deposit, waitlist, hold and appeal letters;
- Distribute decision letters to counseling staff members for proofreading, make necessary changes, and distribute to Director for signature;
- Send accept and deposit packets and maintain current materials for all packets;
- Scan and index signed letters, read sheets and appeal requests;
- Perform alumni verification prior to decision letter generation.
Other Operations Work
- Ensure Guidance Counselor information is up to date in Slate, including working on the research project to obtain GC data from high school listing resources;
- Execute travel mailings of credentials when guidance counselors are on the road;
- Maintain reference materials for primary responsibilities to support staff training;
- Archive paper application materials yearly;
- Assist with student worker assignments and coordinate the work load of temporary workers.
Front Desk Duties
- Serve as receptionist primarily covering lunch breaks and sick/vacation time for the primary receptionist to welcome and greet prospective students, families and other visitors;
- Schedule individual and group visits including tours, interviews, interviews, skype interviews and information sessions for all student populations;
- Answer, screen and refer 3-line phone;
- Maintain reception area at all times during coverage.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience required;
- Minimum of one-year experience in a professional administrative role or similar office environment;
- Previous work in higher education with database and systems experience is a plus;
- Strong organization and communication skills and the ability to work independently as well as part of a team;
- Ability to manage multiple tasks efficiently, prioritize workload and perform duties on a timely basis within deadlines;
- Ability to identify, analyze, and solve problems effectively and efficiently;
- Ability to handle confidential information discretely;
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, experience with the Google Suite of applications and Radius/Slate a plus;
- Ability to work occasional weekends or evenings during peak application period required.
Required Application Materials:
- Cover Letter
Instructions to Applicants: Please upload all applicable application materials (e.g. resume/cv, cover letter, writing sample, teaching philosophy, etc.) in the "Resume/CV" box on page 2 ("My Experience") of this application. Documents can be uploaded individually or as a combined document (e.g. PDF).
Simmons University is committed to inclusive excellence in all aspects of an individual's community experience. As a university committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion, Simmons encourages applications from all under-represented groups. Simmons is committed to creating, developing, promoting, and enhancing inclusive hiring practices-at all levels, for all positions-ensuring diverse talent pools and the delivery of a consistent positive candidate experience. Simmons is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to continuing to develop a more diverse faculty, staff, student body, and curriculum.
To apply, visit https://simmons.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/Simmons-Careers/job/Main-Campus---Boston-MA/Application-Coordinator_R07182
Located in Boston’s historic Fenway area, Simmons College is a small, private, non-sectarian College which has educated students for enriching careers and purposeful lives since 1899. Working at Simmons means joining a collaborative, diverse and mission-driven community of educators and professionals.
We prepare students to be leaders for themselves, their communities and the world. Our faculty and staff members lead by example - sharing a commitment to excellence and putting the students first.