Edson Chair, Innovation in Clinical Education & Simulation Science & Associate Professor/Professor
The Arizona State University (ASU) Edson College of Nursing and Health Innovation invites applications for the Edson Chair and Director of the Grace Center for Innovation in Clinical Education & Simulation Science at the rank of associate professor/professor tenured/tenure track. We are specifically seeking applicants who have expertise, research experience, and funding in innovation nursing, clinical, & interprofessional education &/or simulation science. Applicants with experience in cutting-edge technological practices including VR, AR, immersive learning modalities, mHealth, robotics, and the like are encouraged.
Applicants must have an earned, research-focused doctoral degree in nursing or another health-related field (i.e., psychology, physiology, community health, exercise science, nutrition, public health, integrative health, or other related field). Applicants must also have a record of scholarly productivity, extramural funding, and teaching experience.
Edson College is part of a vibrant and diverse research, education, and practice community at ASU, named this year by U.S. News and World Report for the sixth year in a row as #1 in Innovation among all universities in the United States. Edson College offers a rich interprofessional research and teaching environment with a unique and growing transdisciplinary PhD program and centers encompassing health promotion and disease prevention; health equity science; global health; interprofessional practice, education, and research; and, aging. The college recently received a 25 million dollar gift to name the college and establish the Grace Center for Innovation in Nursing Education & Simulation to advance innovation in nursing education and simulation, and coalesce our focus on aging studies, gerontology, family caregiving, and dementia care. We take research from the “bench to the bedside” and care delivery from the acute setting, to the clinic, and into the home. Emphasis in the Grace Center is on innovation, entrepreneurship, and promoting unique and transformational models of education, nursing pedagogy, and the delivery of nursing care.
Our Edson College faculty collaborate across professions, other colleges, and universities and have current or recent funding from NIH, PCORI, the National Center for Interprofessional Practice and Education, HRSA, the Veterans Administration, the Josiah Macy Jr. Foundation, and several other local, regional, and national organizations. Edson College faculty also collaborate with a wide-ranging group of community and healthcare organizations to improve the economic, social, and cultural health and vitality of shared local, state, national, and global communities. Examples of these organizations Include Mayo Clinic, Phoenix Children’s Hospital, Banner Health, Dignity Health, HonorHealth, and the VA Medical Center.
Competitive applications and letters of interest will provide evidence (e.g., published research, professional presentations, sponsored funding, teaching evaluations, administrative experiences, etc.) related to the minimum and desired qualifications outlined below.
Minimum Qualifications will include the following:
- PhD or similar degree in health research or related area from an accredited university.
- Previous teaching and mentoring experience.
- Working knowledge of and ability to plan, implement, and evaluate research initiatives within and across academic and clinical environments.
- An established program of research relevant to the position as evidenced by extramurally funded research and peer-reviewed, high-quality publications and dissemination activities.
- The potential for securing additional extramurally funded research and contracts with government, industry, and other entities.
- For nurse applicants, eligibility for entry-level licensure in Arizona; must provide evidence/receipt of an Arizona Registered Nurse license prior to first day of employment.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Demonstrated effectiveness in leading and collaborating on research programs and initiatives across diverse professions.
- A well-established program of research as evidenced by a record of externally funded research, including currently funded projects.
- Experience as a research mentor to undergraduate and graduate students.
- Service as a mentor to and/or collaborator with peer and junior faculty.
- Experience as an effective teacher in the classroom, laboratory, or field sites.
- Professional leadership within local, regional, national, and international groups.
Application Deadline and Procedure:
Review of applications begins November 30, 2020. Applications will continue to be accepted on a rolling basis for a reserve pool. Applications in the reserve pool may then be reviewed in the order in which they were received until the position is filled. Early applications are encouraged. A criminal and employment history background check will be performed prior to the employment offer.
Please apply by submitting:
- Letter of interest
- Curriculum vitae/professional resume
- Names, postal addresses, phone numbers, and e-mail addresses of three references
- Diversity Statement: Please submit a 1-page statement addressing how your past and/or your potential contributions to diversity, equity, and inclusion will advance Edson’s commitment to inclusive excellence. Please focus on your activities related to research/scholarship, teaching, service or other work related to this position.
Application material will be accepted through the following link: http://apply.interfolio.com/80435
A background check is required for employment. Arizona State University is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor and an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by law. (See https://www.asu.edu/aad/manuals/acd/acd401.html and https://www.asu.edu/titleIX/.)
In compliance with federal law, ASU prepares an annual report on campus security and fire safety programs and resources. ASU’s Annual Security and Fire Safety Report is available online at https://www.asu.edu/police/PDFs/ASU-Clery-Report.pdf. You may request a hard copy of the report by contacting the ASU Police Department at 480-965-3456.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Tenured/Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Phoenix
- Education Tenured/Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Phoenix
- Instructional Technology & Design Tenured/Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Phoenix
- Teacher Education Tenured/Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Phoenix
- Health & Medicine Tenured/Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Phoenix