Associate Dean for Research Initiatives, Support & Engagement & Professor
The Arizona State University (ASU) Edson College of Nursing and Health Innovation invites applications for the Associate Dean for Research Initiatives, Support & Engagement (R.I.S.E) with a faculty position at the rank of professor, tenured/tenure track. The associate dean is a key member of the Dean’s leadership team and works strategically with research leaders throughout the university and across community partners to advance Edson’s research enterprise in alignment with ASU’s overall research goals and priorities of community partners. The Associate Dean for R.I.S.E. is responsible for the research agenda of the college and promotes innovative approaches to faculty and student scholarship. The associate dean collaborates with the directors of research centers housed within Edson and supervises the tenured and tenure track faculty helping to advance their individual research trajectories and those of their students and trainees. This position is also responsible for supervising the research administration arm of Edson that encompasses professionals assisting with pre and post award processes, statistics, research methods, data management, and grant writing and editing. The position is a 12-month, tenure-track appointment, and the salary is competitive and commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Applicants must have an earned, research-focused doctoral degree in nursing or another health-related field (i.e., psychology, physiology, community health, exercise science, nutrition, public health, integrative health, etc.). Applicants must also have a record of extramural funding, scholarly productivity, and teaching experience. Experience in research administration and current funding preferred.
Edson College is part of a vibrant and diverse research, education, and practice community at ASU, which was named this year by U.S. News and World Report for the sixth year in a row as #1 in Innovation among all universities in the United States. Edson College offers a rich interprofessional research and teaching environment with a unique and growing PhD program and research centers encompassing health promotion and disease prevention; health equity science; global health; interprofessional practice, education, and research; and aging. The college recently received a 25 million dollar gift to name the college and coalesce the focus on aging studies, gerontology, family caregiving, and dementia care, taking research from the “bench to the bedside,” and care delivery from the acute setting, to the clinic, and into the home. In alignment with this focus, the college recently opened the Center for Innovation in Healthy & Resilient Aging, (CIHRA https://nursingandhealth.asu.edu/cihra) a new interdisciplinary and interprofessional research center. Additionally, a fully integrated PhD-DNP program that boasts research/teaching assistantships and tuition for students with a research focus in aging and interest in preparing as adult/gero nurse practitioners will be launched in Fall 2020. This fall, postdoctoral fellowships came available for interprofessional candidates in dementia science, family caregiving, and aging. Clearly, the college is well positioned to advance this important area of research, practice, and education.
Our Edson College faculty collaborate across professions, other colleges, and universities and have current or recent funding from NIH, PCORI, the National Center for Interprofessional Practice and Education, HRSA, the Veterans Administration, the Josiah Macy Jr. Foundation, and several other local, regional, and national organizations. Edson College faculty also collaborate with a wide-ranging group of community and healthcare organizations to improve the economic, social, and cultural health and vitality of shared local, state, national, and global communities. Examples of these organizations include Mayo Clinic, Phoenix Children’s Hospital, Banner Health, Dignity Health, HonorHealth, and the VA Medical Center.
Competitive applications and letters of interest will provide evidence (e.g., published research, professional presentations, grants and grant applications, teaching evaluations, administrative experiences, etc.) related to the minimum and desired qualifications outlined below.
Minimum Qualifications will include the following:
- PhD or similar degree in health research or related area from an accredited university.
- Previous teaching and mentoring experience.
- Solid understanding of academic administration, including academic appointments, faculty development, promotion and tenure, and faculty annual review.
- Working knowledge of and ability to plan, implement, and evaluate research initiatives within and across academic and clinical environments.
- A well-established program of research relevant to the position as evidenced by extramurally funded research and peer-reviewed, high-quality publications, and dissemination activities.
- The potential for securing additional extramurally funded research and contracts.
- For applicants having a degree in nursing, eligibility for entry-level licensure in Arizona; must provide evidence/receipt of an Arizona Registered Nurse license prior to first day of employment. NOTE: This does not apply for applicants who are not Registered Nurses.
- Ability to foster an environment that respects and embraces diversity among students, faculty and staff.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Demonstrated effectiveness in leading and collaborating on research programs and initiatives across diverse professions.
- Currently funded research grants and/or contracts.
- An accomplished operational and strategic leader with a broad understanding of complex strategies challenging the field of health research.
- Experience in research administration.
- Experience as a research mentor to undergraduate and graduate students.
- Service as a mentor to and/or collaborator with peer and junior faculty.
- Experience as an effective teacher in the classroom, laboratory, or field sites.
- Professional leadership within local, regional, national, and international groups.
Application Deadline and Procedure:
Review of applications begins November 30, 2020. Applications will continue to be accepted on a rolling basis for a reserve pool. Applications in the reserve pool may then be reviewed in the order in which they were received until the position is filled. Early applications are encouraged. A criminal and employment history background check will be performed prior to the employment offer.
Please apply by submitting:
- A letter of interest
- Curriculum vitae/professional resume
- Names, postal addresses, phone numbers, and e-mail addresses of three references
- Diversity Statement: Please submit a 1-page statement addressing how your past and/or your potential contributions to diversity, equity, and inclusion will advance Edson’s commitment to inclusive excellence. Please focus on your activities related to research/scholarship, teaching, service or other work related to this position.
Application material will be accepted through the following link: https://apply.interfolio.com/80433
A background check is required for employment. Arizona State University is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor and an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by law. (See https://www.asu.edu/aad/manuals/acd/acd401.html and https://www.asu.edu/titleIX/.)
In compliance with federal law, ASU prepares an annual report on campus security and fire safety programs and resources. ASU’s Annual Security and Fire Safety Report is available online at https://www.asu.edu/police/PDFs/ASU-Clery-Report.pdf. You may request a hard copy of the report by contacting the ASU Police Department at 480-965-3456.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Tenured/Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Phoenix
- Health & Medicine Tenured/Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Phoenix
- Nursing Tenured/Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Phoenix
- Social & Behavioral Sciences Tenured/Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Phoenix
- Psychology Tenured/Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Phoenix