Assistant/Associate Professor of Computer Information Systems
The College of Business and Social Sciences seeks a qualified
individual to fill a position as an Assistant/Associate Professor
of Computer Information Systems. This is a full-time tenure-track
position beginning with the Fall Semester of 2021. The campus
is located in a culturally rich metro area with a population of
150,000. The area is home to CenturyLink, the third largest
telecommunications company in the United States, and a regional IBM
development center. ULM’s business programs are AACSB accredited at
the undergraduate, accounting, and MBA levels, and is a leading
business educator in the region.
Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
The College of Business and Social Sciences promotes a balance between teaching and intellectual contributions, combined with professional service to the university, discipline, and community. The normal teaching load will be 9 undergraduate credit hours per semester, and normally include computer information systems classes in management information systems, application development, project management, database development, telecommunications, and/or information security. Opportunities also exist to teach graduate and summer classes.
Minimum Qualifications include the following:
- A Doctoral degree in Computer Information Systems or related field from an AACSB-International accredited program is required, although ABD candidates in late stages of dissertation will be considered.
- Rank will be determined based upon educational background, scholarly productivity and academic experience.
- The ideal candidate will also have: (1) Excellent teaching skills; (2) Evidence of the ability to perform quality applied, basic, or instructional research in the information systems field; (3) An established or planned research agenda; (4) Good interpersonal skills; (5) Effective written and oral communication skills and (6) The ability to function collegially as a member of the faculty.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Tenured/Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Monroe
- Science, Technology & Mathematics Tenured/Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Monroe
- Computer Sciences & Technology Tenured/Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Monroe