Director, Accreditation & Approvals (Flexible Location)
Who You Are
The Director, Accreditation & Approvals plays a key role in support of New Leaders’ mission of promoting high academic achievement for every child by serving as an invaluable member of the Higher Education Partnerships Team. The Director works to secure program approvals and accreditations for innovative, research-based principal preparation programs in order to increase the number of school leaders -- especially school leaders of color – who are well prepared to lead schools and serve all students.
Our mission is to ensure high academic achievement for all children, especially students in poverty and students of color, by developing transformational school leaders and advancing the policies and practices that allow great leaders to succeed.
“We believe that every student, in every circumstance, can achieve the highest levels of academic excellence.”
Who We Are
New Leaders transforms underperforming schools by developing outstanding leaders at every level of the education system—from teacher leaders to principals and their supervisors.
We work hand in hand with our state, district, charter, and university partners, delivering leadership solutions that build on their strengths and address their most-pressing priorities. Our evidence-based programming cultivates diverse, equity-driven leaders equipped with the skills to elevate instruction, enhance learning, and build vibrant, inclusive school communities. To encourage widespread adoption of effective, sustainable leadership practices, we also advocate for federal and state policies that support the work of school leaders everywhere.
To date, New Leaders has trained 3,900 education leaders who annually reach nearly half a million young people, mostly students of color and children from low-income families, delivering breakthrough academic results and building brighter futures for high-need urban and rural communities nationwide. Visit New Leaders to learn more.
What You’ll Do
With the National Senior Executive Director, Higher Education Partnerships (NSED, HEP), co-develop the strategy to expand state approvals for New Leaders’ signature principal preparation program, Aspiring Principals.
- Work closely with the NSED, HEP to establish a plan with goals focused on expanding the number of state approvals; lead the execution of the plan.
- Serve as in-house expert by maintaining a current and sophisticated understanding of the rules for principal preparation in each of the 50 states and the District of Columbia.
- Develop relationships with state agencies to inform New Leaders’ approval strategy.
- Coordinate with multiple teams (e.g., Legal, Program, Evaluation, Policy) to gather necessary information for applications for state approvals.
- Prepare all documents associated with approval processes and respond to feedback from state agencies.
Support partner institutions of higher education to secure adjustments to regional accreditation and any new program accreditation that will enable the preparation of future school leaders prepared to transform schools serving low-income students and students of color.
- Work closely with the National Senior Executive Director, Higher Education Partnerships to establish a plan with goals focused on aligning program design and operation with accreditation requirements.
- Serve as in-house expert by maintaining a current and sophisticated understanding of the rules of regional accreditors and relevant program accreditors (e.g., CAEP, AAQEP).
- Coordinate with multiple teams (e.g., Legal, Program, Evaluation, Policy) to gather necessary information for university applications for accreditation.
- Maintain close relationships with university partners to understand and respond to their accreditation-related needs.
Perform other duties as assigned.
What You Bring
Belief that every student, in every circumstance, can achieve the highest levels of academic excellence, and deep commitment to New Leaders’ mission and vision.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Minimum of 7 years professional experience required.
- Experience in the K-12 education sector, higher education, and/or school leader development, especially with a focus on communities that have been historically marginalized.
- Superior technical writing skills with an emphasis on precision, accuracy, and understanding of state contexts.
- Ability to manage multiple responsibilities simultaneously and a commitment to producing consistently high-quality work on extremely short timelines.
- Excellent communication, relationship management, and interpersonal skills.
- The ability to identify challenges and actively work to find solutions.
- The ability to work effectively with others at all levels of an organization and to consistently display a high level of professionalism in all interactions.
- Must be able to travel periodically (temporarily suspended).
What We Offer
A competitive salary commensurate with experience, and a comprehensive Benefits Package and 401K.
To be considered for this role, please attach a cover letter including your motivation and interest in New Leaders and the position.
New Leaders is an equal opportunity employer. New Leaders evaluates applicants for employment on the basis of qualifications, merit and work-related criteria and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national or ethnic origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, mental or physical disability, handicap, pregnancy, childbirth, medical condition, marital or familial status, family responsibilities, veteran status, personal appearance, political affiliation, matriculation, or any other characteristic protected by law in administration and operation of its Programs and activities, including admission or access thereto, or treatment or employment therein. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of such status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of such status.
More searches like this
- Administrative Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in New York City
- Academic Affairs Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in New York City
- Adult & Continuing Education Programs Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in New York City
- Business & Administrative Affairs Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in New York City
- Development & Advancement Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in New York City