Assistant/Associate Professor of Operations and Information Management
The University of Connecticut (UConn) is pleased to invite applications for a tenure-track faculty position in the Department of Operations and Information Management (OPIM) at the rank of Assistant or Associate Professor, located in the Stamford campus, to begin in Fall 2021. Preference will be given to candidates at the Associate and advanced Assistant Professor levels.
The successful candidate is expected to contribute to research and scholarship through high quality publications in business analytics, information systems, data science, computer security and/or other technical areas of focus of the department. In addition to research, the individual will be expected to teach courses at the undergraduate and graduate levels, as well as supervise Ph.D. students, and participate in outreach and service activities. A successful candidate will share a deep commitment to effective instruction. A successful candidate will also be expected to assist the University in its efforts to broaden participation among members of under-represented groups; demonstrate through research, teaching, and/or public engagement the commitment to, and support of, diversity in the learning experience; integrate multicultural experiences into instructional methods and research tools; contribute to the development of pedagogical techniques designed to meet the needs of diverse learning styles and intellectual interests.
The Stamford campus is located in the Fairfield County of Connecticut, which ranks among the highest in the nation with regard to number of Fortune 500 companies per capita. To build upon UConn's existing growth and success at its regional Stamford campus, UConn began to envision a variety of potential expansions in Stamford around research and workforce development starting in 2016, collaborating with the state initiatives including Innovate Stamford and StamfordNext. The successful candidate is expected to contribute in a leading role to the growth of the OPIM department in research, education, and outreach at the Stamford campus.
Founded in 1881, UConn is a Land Grant and Sea Grant institution and member of the Space Grant Consortium. It is the state’s flagship institution of higher education and includes a main campus in Storrs, CT, four regional campuses throughout the state, and 13 Schools and Colleges, including a Law School in Hartford, and Medical and Dental Schools at the UConn Health campus in Farmington. The University has approximately 10,000 faculty and staff and 32,000 students, including nearly 24,000 undergraduates and over 8,000 graduate and professional students. UConn is a Carnegie Foundation R1 (highest research activity) institution, among the top 25 public universities in the nation. Through research, teaching, service, and outreach, UConn embraces diversity and cultivates leadership, integrity, and engaged citizenship in its students, faculty, staff, and alumni. UConn promotes the health and well-being of citizens by enhancing the social, economic, cultural, and natural environments of the state and beyond. The University serves as a beacon of academic and research excellence as well as a center for innovation and social service to communities. UConn is a leader in many scholarly, research, and innovation areas. Today, the path forward includes exciting opportunities and notable challenges. Record numbers of undergraduate applications and support for student success have enabled the University to become extraordinarily selective.
- Earned Ph.D. in Information Systems, Operations Management, Operations Research or related field expected by the start date of the appointment. Equivalent foreign degrees are acceptable.
- Applicants should demonstrate a potential to establish a successful research and scholarship record supported by copies of published/working papers and manuscripts with potential for publication in leading academic journals in business analytics, information systems, supply chain management, data science, computer security and other technical areas of focus of the department.
- Promise of excellence in teaching supported by evidence of superior classroom performance at the undergraduate and graduate levels.
- Effective communication skills.
- A deep commitment to promoting diversity through their academic and research programs.
- Applicants at higher ranks should possess an excellent record of research, teaching performance, and involvement in undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral education, commensurate with the rank they are seeking.
- Applicants at the rank of Associate Professor should have a record of contribution through research, teaching, and public engagement to the diversity and excellence of the learning experience and evidence of service to the university, the field, or the profession through leadership in professional organizations, editorial activities, and successful involvement in undergraduate and/or graduate curriculum development.
- Expertise in Information Systems, Operations Management, Operations Research or related field and outstanding record of research and scholarship excellence.
- Commitment to effective teaching, integrating technology into instruction, online instruction.
- The ability to contribute through research, teaching, and/or public engagement to the diversity and excellence of the learning experience.
This is a full-time, 9-month, tenure-track position with an anticipated start date of August 23, 2021. The successful candidate’s academic appointment will be at the Stamford campus. Faculty may also be asked to teach at UConn’s other campuses or in online instructions as part of their ordinary workload. Salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Please apply online to Academic Jobs Online https://academicjobsonline.org/ajo/jobs/17295 and submit the following application materials:
- A cover letter,
- Curriculum vitae,
- Research and scholarship statement (innovative concepts that will form the basis of academic career, experience in proposal development, mentorship of graduate students, etc.);
- Teaching statement (including teaching philosophy, teaching experience, commitment to effective learning, concepts for new course development, etc.);
- Commitment to diversity statement (including broadening participation, integrating multicultural experiences in instruction and research and pedagogical techniques to meet the needs of diverse learning styles, etc.);
- Sample of research such as working papers, journal articles or books
- Three letters of reference
Application review is on a rolling basis, but applications fully received by November 15, 2020 will be guaranteed full consideration. For more information regarding the Department of Operations and Information Management please visit the department website at opim.business.uconn.edu.
At the University of Connecticut, our commitment to excellence is complemented by our commitment to building a culturally diverse community.
Employment of the successful candidate is contingent upon the successful completion of a pre- employment criminal background check.
This position will be filled subject the budgetary approval.
All employees are subject to adherence to the State Code of Ethics which may be found at http://www.ct.gov/ethics/site/default.asp.
The University of Connecticut is committed to building and supporting a multicultural and diverse community of students, faculty and staff. The diversity of students, faculty and staff continues to increase, as does the number of honors students, valedictorians and salutatorians who consistently make UConn their top choice. More than 100 research centers and institutes serve the University’s teaching, research, diversity, and outreach missions, leading to UConn’s ranking as one of the nation’s top research universities. UConn’s faculty and staff are the critical link to fostering and expanding our vibrant, multicultural and diverse University community. As an Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity employer, UConn encourages applications from women, veterans, people with disabilities and members of traditionally underrepresented populations.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Tenured/Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Storrs Mansfield
- Business & Management Tenured/Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Storrs Mansfield
- Management Tenured/Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Storrs Mansfield
- Other Business & Management Tenured/Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Storrs Mansfield