Full-time Chemistry Faculty
FULL-TIME CHEMISTRY FACULTY
Job ID 2858
ANNOUNCEMENT: Southwestern Illinois College, a community college offering both transfer and occupational degrees, is accepting applications for one or more full-time, tenure track Chemistry faculty positions. The anticipated start date is January 4, 2021.
POSITION DESCRIPTION: In accordance with the Mission and Values of Southwestern Illinois College, the successful applicant will develop, teach and maintain courses in the Physical Sciences department. Primary teaching assignments involve combined lecture/lab sections of Introductory and/or Organic Chemistry. The individual will also assess student performance and collaborate with other faculty within the department to evaluate the effectiveness of instruction in the discipline. Opportunities exist for participation in professional development activities and service on departmental, divisional, and/or college-wide committees.
- Master’s degree in Chemistry or related discipline with a minimum of 18 graduate semester credit hours in Chemistry required.
- Experience teaching Organic Chemistry preferred.
- Two years of successful college or high school teaching experience strongly preferred.
- Willingness and ability to develop and teach courses using alternative delivery methods preferred.
- Experience in outcomes assessment preferred.
- Experience in working with diverse student populations preferred.
- Shall meet the minimum standards of instruction established by the Board of Trustees for any assigned courses.
SALARY: This is a 9-month teaching position with the salary determined by placement on the base salary schedule. For example, the minimum 2018-2019 starting salary at Step 1 on the Master’s degree column is $49,453. The actual starting salary is determined by educational attainment level and experience. Voluntary overload and summer teaching assignments may also be available which may increase the annual compensation. The college offers a comprehensive flexible benefit program.
WORK LOCATION: Belleville Campus
APPLICATION DEADLINE: This position(s) will remain open until filled.
You must submit a cover letter, resume, list of three references and college transcripts.
Required application materials, such as resume, cover letter and references, should be attached to your application. Other required application materials i.e., transcripts, etc., should be attached after your application has been submitted. Go to your My Job Applications page from the careers home page of your account.
Southwestern Illinois College is proud to be an EEO/AA Employer/Educator/Smoke/Tobacco/Vapor/Drug-Free Workplace.