Full-time Biology Faculty
FULL-TIME BIOLOGY FACULTY
Job ID 2857
ANNOUNCEMENT: Southwestern Illinois College is accepting applications for one full-time, tenure track Biology faculty position. The anticipated start date is January 4, 2021.
POSITION DESCRIPTION: In accordance with the mission and values of Southwestern Illinois College, the Biology department invites you to apply to our dynamic and energetic faculty team. Our department is known for teaching excellence with a strong commitment to student success and academic rigor. The successful applicant will develop, innovate, teach, and maintain courses in the Biology department. The individual will also assess student performance and collaborate with other faculty within the department to evaluate the effectiveness of instruction in the discipline. Opportunities exist for participation in professional development activities and service on departmental, divisional, and/or college-wide committees.
- Master’s or PhD in Biology or in a related discipline with a minimum of 18 graduate semester credit hours in Biology required.
- Experience teaching Anatomy and Physiology preferred
- Experience with computer-based and Internet (online distance learning) instruction preferred.
- Experience in outcomes assessment preferred.
- Experience in working with diverse student populations preferred.
- Interest in mentoring students in doing research preferred.
- Knowledge of research-based instructional strategies preferred.
- Shall meet the minimum standards of instruction established by the Board of Trustees for any assigned courses.
SALARY: This is a 9-month teaching position with the salary determined by placement on the base salary schedule. For example, the minimum 2018-2019 starting salary at Step 1 on the Master’s degree column is $49,453. The actual starting salary is determined by educational attainment level and experience. Voluntary overload and summer teaching assignments may also be available which may increase the annual compensation. The college offers a comprehensive flexible benefit program.
WORK LOCATION: Belleville Campus
APPLICATION DEADLINE: This position will remain open until filled.
You must submit a cover letter, resume, list of three references and college transcripts.
Required application materials, such as resume, cover letter and references, should be attached to your application. Other required application materials i.e., transcripts, etc., should be attached after your application has been submitted. Go to your My Job Applications page from the careers home page of your account.
Southwestern Illinois College is proud to be an EEO/AA Employer/Educator/Smoke/Tobacco/Vapor/Drug-Free Workplace