Appointment and Scheduling Coordinator
The section of Gastroenterology & Hepatology is looking to recruit a fourth scheduler as a part of the Endoscopy Care Coordination Team, primarily scheduling GI endoscopy outpatient procedures.
- Schedules examinations and informs physician office and/or patient of exam preps, date, and time of exam and special instructions.
- Maintains schedule log and distributes daily to all areas of organization.
- Performs cross-checks for procedural or scheduling conflicts to ensure accuracy of exam.
- Notifies specialty areas of scheduling changes as needed.
- Acquires clinical notes as needed prior to exam.
- Renders first aid when necessary and notifies appropriate personnel of emergency situations, as documented by the quality improvement monitor, supervisor, or medical staff.
- Maintains confidentiality of passwords/codes for all information systems and patient information, as observed by supervisor.
- Verifies and confirms patient identification and patient information including patient precautions and other vital information on all documentation, as observed by supervisor.
- Communicates in an appropriate manner as outlined in the patient care manual.
- Education Required: High school diploma or GED.
- Experience Required: Three years of relevant experience.
- Certification/Licenses/Registration: None Required.
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.