Research Technician II
The laboratory of Dr. Mingshan Xue ( https://www.bcm.edu/research/labs/mingshan-xue ) in the Jan and Dan Duncan Neurological Research Institute (NRI) is seeking applicants for a Research Technician position. The technician will work in a multi-disciplinary team to study mouse models of neurodevelopmental disorders. The technician will have the opportunity to perform a variety of techniques in molecular biology, mouse genetics, mouse behavior, histology, imaging, and electrophysiology. The technician will also be encouraged to independently carry out research projects.
- Prepare weekly reports of research progress for the PI, discuss research results in group meetings, help prepare figures and write text for papers and grants.
- Conduct literature reviews.
- Collect and analyze data.
- Maintain accurate records of interviews, safeguarding the confidentiality of subjects, as necessary.
- Summarize interviews.
- Provide ready access to all experimental data for the faculty researcher and/or supervisor.
- Request or acquire equipment or supplies necessary for the project.
- Manage and respond to project related email.
- Prepare, maintain, and update website materials.
- Attend project meetings.
- Attend area seminars and other meetings as necessary.
- Summarize project results.
- Prepare progress reports for the PI and funding agency.
- Prepare other articles, reports, and presentations.
- Monitor the project budget.
- Education Required: Bachelor's degree in a Basic Science or related field. Four years of related experience may substitute for degree requirement.
- Experience Required: None Required.
- Certification/Licenses/Registration: None Required.
- Basic molecular biology skills and fluorescence imaging.
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Health & Medicine Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Other Health & Medicine Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Science, Technology & Mathematics Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Biology & Life Sciences Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston