Environmental Safety Specialist II
Safety Specialist II within the General Laboratory Safety Program is responsible for ensuring that the institutional research labs operate in compliance with BCM, local, state, and federal guidelines and regulations through routine surveillance of labs and other areas where biological, chemical or radiological hazard are used or stored. This position supports tasks related to safe removal, relocation, repair or diposal of equipment typically used withing a lab or clinic environment.
Along with the hazardous waste and equipment removal, and of particular critical importance during the COVID-19 pandemic, this position primarily supports the respiratory protection program for all of BCM's missions, including N95 fit testings, approximately 2500 plus to date. Further, this position requires surveillance for the BCM Autoclave biohazardous waste process.
- Processes chemical, radioactive, and biological materials.
- Trains new employees in safety areas.
- Conducts inspections and maintenance of facilities.
- Supervises assistants and technicians.
- Drives Baylor College of Medicine vehicles in support of programs’ daily operations.
- Bachelor's degree in Environmental Sciences or a related field.
- Three years of relevant experience.
- Current state-issued driver’s license.
No more than two moving violations within the last 3 years.
No more than one DWI/DUI within the last 3 years.
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Health & Medicine Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Other Health & Medicine Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Science, Technology & Mathematics Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Biology & Life Sciences Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston