The Department of Anesthesiology is seeking a qualified physician to provide high quality care to the community.
- Provide Clinical Anesthesia Services in accordance with licensure, certification, and facility policies
- Provide Clinical Instruction to SRNAs
- Assist Program Director in the coordination and administrative oversight for all aspects of the Doctor of Nursing Practice Program – Nurse Anesthesia (DNP).
- Participate in the recruitment, selection and admission of applicants
- Develop and implement curriculum as assigned by the Program Director
- Assist in the development of program policies and procedures
- Represents program at local, state and national meetings
- Direct and participate in all aspects of student education
- Provides clinical anesthesia services as assigned.
- Participates in the development, evaluation, and revision of philosophy, goals, and objectives.
- Participates in the development, implementation, evaluation, and revision of policies and procedures for the students and faculty.
- Ensures adherence to policies and procedures outlined in the School of Health Professions Student Handbook, DNP Student Manual, DNP Clinical Orientation Guide, DNP Administrative Manual, and all other BCM policies.
- Assists in the ongoing evaluation process to assure program compliance with the standards of the Council on Accreditation of Nurse Anesthesia Educational Programs and the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges.
- Assists the Program Director, as assigned, in the preparation of all necessary reports and studies to maintain program accreditation.
- Assists in the recruitment, selection, and admission of applicants, as assigned.
- Facilitates the professional growth and development of students.
- Develops, implements, evaluates, and revises didactic and clinical curricula as assigned by the Program Director.
- Serves as instructor and/or course director for selected didactic courses, as assigned.
- Represents the DNP Program on committees, as assigned.
- Maintains communication with the Program Director.
- Maintains communication and coordinates appropriate activities with other hospital and college departments, as assigned.
- Serves as a clinical instructor to students.
- Serves as resource person to students and other health care professionals in the medical center.
- Represents Baylor College of Medicine, the School of Health Professions, the DNP Program, and the Department of Anesthesiology at all appropriate local, state, and national professional meetings.
- Maintains active membership and participation in professional organizations at the local, state, and national level.
- Performs other duties as required or requested by the Program Director.
Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Holds an earned doctoral degree from a regionally accredited institution of higher education.
- Registered Nurse licensure by the Texas Board of Nursing.
- Advanced Practice Registered Nurse licensure by the Texas Board of Nursing.
- Certification/Recertification as a Nurse Anesthetist by the National Board of Certification and Recertification for Nurse Anesthetists.
- Documented current competency in basic life support (BLS), Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS), and Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS).
- Maintains ability to provide clinical anesthesia services.
- Effective interpersonal and leadership skills necessary to foster productive working relationships.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Possess basic skills required to effectively use computers including electronic communication media.
- Active member of the American Association of Nurse Anesthetists.
Essential Physical Requirements:
- Ability to sit or stand for several hours in a classroom or meeting setting
- Ability to move, manipulate, and safely operate anesthesia equipment during the administration of all types of anesthesia to all sizes of patients.
- Ability to adjust work schedule to meet varying demands.
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.