A postdoctoral position is available to investigate Mitochondria-Nuclear Crosstalk and Cancer Metabolism. The Kaipparettu lab use transmitochondrial cybrid technology, multi-OMICs approaches and different cancer models. The lab is particularly interested in dissecting the metabolic reprogramming and signaling pathways involved in mitochondria-nuclear crosstalk and tumor metastasis. Most of the projects in the lab have a translational end and use patient-derived xenograft (PDX) models for preclinical validations. This position will have the opportunity to conduct both basic science and translational research as they work in a fast-paced research environment.
The Kaipparettu lab is located in the Department of Molecular and Human Genetics at Baylor College of Medicine (Baylor) in Houston. The Department of Molecular and Human Genetics at Baylor is ranked first in the country in grants and funding from the National Institutes of Health. The College is recognized as a premiere academic health science center and is ranked as one of the tops among the nation's graduate schools for biomedical sciences. Baylor has several core facilities to support high-throughput experiment and analyses.
The postdoctoral candidates must be self-motivated, with research experience in cellular and molecular biology techniques, as well as in vivo tumor models. Strong preference will be given to candidates who have previous experience in mitochondrial biology or cancer metabolism. However, candidates who have experience in cancer immunology and/or computational biology will also be considered for this position. Familiarity with bioinformatics is advantageous. The position requires the ability to lead projects and to work cooperatively with others.
- Plans, directs and conducts specialized and advanced research experiments.
- Evaluates and analyzes data.
- May establish new research protocols and procedures.
- Summarizes research findings and publish results in research journals.
- May be responsible for laboratory operations.
- May supervise research staff.
- MD or Ph.D in Basic Science, Health Science, or a related field.
- No experience required.
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Health & Medicine Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Other Health & Medicine Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Science, Technology & Mathematics Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Biology & Life Sciences Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston