Oversee the office of the university registrar which currently
supports all functions for Homewood
Participate as a functional lead in the development and
implementation of the shared service organization for enrollment
services that will include providing registration, financial aid,
and student accounts services to other JHU
Compliance related activities, partnering with financial aid and
other functions as necessary to
ensure efficient and timely compliance with Title IV, Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act
(FERPA), and other regulations Ensuring accurate and consistent reporting of statistical information for internal and external use and collaborating with institutional research on the university-wide IPEDS report to the state
and federal government Reviewing, advising, and enforcing university-wide academic policies (e.g. dual/joint degree
Divisional academic policy (e.g. academic standing, grading
policies/grading scales, graduation
clearance policies, etc.) Compliance activities related to divisional accreditation; Divisional operations management, including registration processing, management of budget,
commencement exercises, etc. Personnel management, including divisional resourcing decisions, performance management
and compensation for their staff
- The capacity to help continue establishing the role in the broader university and providing leadership across a complex university registrar’s office
- Grasp of compliance standards required by federal and state laws and regulations regarding student records, privacy, reporting, and funding; knowledge of compliance standards for government reporting for international students and students eligible for VA benefits
- Understanding of nationally recognized practices and procedures for registrars including registration and records management, degree audit systems, transcript practices, evaluation and projection of classroom space requirements and evolving best practices in records and registration
- Experience implementing and/or working with existing technologies used to support registrar functions, including student information systems.
- Awareness of emerging technology trends and how they may be used to improve registration operations and student experience
- Knowledge of educational leadership and administration, higher education structure and governance and factors that impact decision making at private research institutions
- Ability to work within a large and complex university and tackle complex challenges with the savvy and sophistication to be successful
- Ability to negotiate effectively, build consensus and influence institutional decisions
- Demonstrated knowledge of theory and practice of student development
- Outstanding listening and written and verbal communication skills with a commitment to proactive communication, inclusiveness, transparency, and consensus building; a visible and strong leader who values a collaborative environment
- Experience representing an institution’s perspective to external entities
- A commitment to absolute data integrity, impeccable recordkeeping, and overall compliance with University, state, and federal regulations
- A successful record of developing, implementing, and enforcing policies and processes that foster a sense of consistency and clarity in an organization
- An ego-less but firm leader who is flexible and open to new ideas; a natural tendency towards providing the highest level of customer service
- Master’s degree is required; a terminal degree is preferred.
Applications, Inquiries, and Nominations
All inquiries, nominations/referrals, and resumes with cover letters, should be sent electronically and in confidence to:
Sean Farrell, Partner
Robin Dougherty, Senior Associate
Johns Hopkins University is committed to recruiting, supporting, and fostering a diverse community of outstanding faculty, staff, and students. As such, Johns Hopkins does not discriminate on the basis of sex, gender, marital status, pregnancy, race, color, ethnicity, national origin, age, disability, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or other legally protected characteristic in any student program or activity administered by the university or with regard to admission or employment.
Nearest Major Market:Baltimore
The successful candidate(s) for this position will be subject to a pre-employment background check.
If you are interested in applying for employment with The Johns Hopkins University and require special assistance or accommodation during any part of the pre-employment process, please contact the HR Business Services Office at email@example.com. For TTY users, call via Maryland Relay or dial 711.
The following additional provisions may apply depending on which campus you will work. Your recruiter will advise accordingly.
During the Influenza ("the flu") season, as a condition of employment, The Johns Hopkins Institutions require all employees who provide ongoing services to patients or work in patient care or clinical care areas to have an annual influenza vaccination or possess an approved medical or religious exception. Failure to meet this requirement may result in termination of employment.
The pre-employment physical for positions in clinical areas, laboratories, working with research subjects, or involving community contact requires documentation of immune status against Rubella (German measles), Rubeola (Measles), Mumps, Varicella (chickenpox), Hepatitis B and documentation of having received the Tdap (Tetanus, diphtheria, pertussis) vaccination. This may include documentation of having two (2) MMR vaccines; two (2) Varicella vaccines; or antibody status to these diseases from laboratory testing. Blood tests for immunities to these diseases are ordinarily included in the pre-employment physical exam except for those employees who provide results of blood tests or immunization documentation from their own health care providers. Any vaccinations required for these diseases will be given at no cost in our Occupational Health office.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Note: Job Postings are updated daily and remain online until filled.
EEO is the Law
Important legal information