Security Officer-Lead - Part-Time
SECURITY OFFICER-LEAD – PART-TIME
HUMBOLDT PARK VOCATIONAL EDUCATION CENTER
The Security Officer-Lead – Part-Time supports the operations of the Security Department by directing the activities of part-time security officers and assistants. This position reports to the Director of Security or the Assistant Director of Security. The Security Officer-Lead – Part-Time will promote an atmosphere conducive to learning by enforcing all District policies, State and Municipal criminal statutes as well as safety and security measures to protect campus property and reduce the risk of liability to the College.
- Reviews daily time and attendance cards to ensure they
accurately reflect the hours worked by the employees.
- Ensures employees are adhering to the policies of the District
- Ensures employees are trained and are capable of performing
- Ensures that employees are stationed at all posts and present a
- Ensures that all policies and procedures of the District are
followed by students, faculty, staff, and visitors.
- Patrols building and grounds to ensure a safe and secure
environment for students, faculty, staff, and visitors.
- Responds to alarms and/or service calls to ensure appropriate
actions are taken by security personnel to mitigate the situation
in a positive, safe, professional, and correct manner.
- Inspects and takes inventory of department equipment and
reports any discrepancies to the Director of Security or Assistant
- May write reports.
- May affect an arrest.
- Appears in court as necessary.
- Must be a full-time police officer or have previous police
experience with a State or Municipal law enforcement agency.
- One year supervisory experience with a State or Municipal law
enforcement agency preferred.
- Completion of a high school diploma or the equivalent required.
Associate's Degree or higher preferred.
- Must be knowledgeable of State and Municipal criminal statutes
and arrest procedures.
- No criminal convictions.
- Excellent communications skills (verbal and written).
- Must be able to handle stressful situations in a tactful,
diplomatic, and professional manner when dealing with employees,
students, faculty, staff, or visitors.
- Some working knowledge of computers and the basic application
- Must be self-motivated, prompt, and punctual.
- Ability to regularly patrol the entire campus area on foot for
a full shift.
- Ability to run or jog for short periods during emergency and
- Ability to stand at an assigned post for an extended period of
- Ability to quickly climb and descend stairs to respond to
emergency and non-emergency situations.
- Ability to physically restrain and remove a person using
- Ability to bend, twist, stoop, kneel, crawl, and reach in all
- Ability to lift and carry up to 50 pounds.
- Ability to operate all security-related equipment including
radios, surveillance cameras, telephones, computers, fire alarm
annunciator panel, fire extinguisher, and 2-way radios.
- Ability to drive and operate CCC vehicles.
- Physical ability to perform CPR and first aid, including
operating AED equipment.
- Ability to perform job responsibilities under all weather
We are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Thank you for your interest in City Colleges of Chicago!