Adjunct Instructor - Mammography
ADJUNCT INSTRUCTOR – MAMMOGRAPHY PROGRAM
MALCOLM X COLLEGE
Be a part of the newly created Mammography Program at Malcolm X College which is set to begin in Spring 2021. It will provide licensed radiologic technologists with training that will enable them to specialize as mammography technologists. Check out the City Colleges of Chicago news release here !
Malcolm X College is currently seeking a part-time Faculty to teach in their Mammography Program. If you have passion for teaching and learning, and are committed to the mission of the community college, consider joining our team. The ideal candidate will have demonstrated success in the classroom by developing and using effective teaching strategies that meet students’ diverse needs and engage the student in critical thinking and problem-solving.
- Design courses to meet learning outcomes, and promote students’ active participation in their own learning.
- Create an effective learning environment.
- Employ a variety of formative and summative assessments to ensure that classroom instruction leads to student learning.
- Help students reach their academic, personal and career goals and foster a safe environment that respects the diversity of people and ideas.
- Contribute to and provide leadership in the student’s academic and professional communities, and promote collaboration and teamwork among members of these communities.
- Bachelor's degree or higher in any field required
- Documents two years or more of clinical experience in the professional discipline
- Holds American Registry of Radiologic Technologists current registration in radiography and mammography equivalent (i.e., unrestricted state license for the state in which the program is located)
- Licensed to practice radiography by the state of Illinois according to the guidelines of the Illinois Department of Nuclear Safety and has at least two years tested experience
- Excellent oral and written communication skills required
- Excellent interpersonal and time management skills required
We are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Thank you for your interest in City Colleges of Chicago!