Part Time Front Desk Receptionist
Position Type Civil Service Classification Title Office Support Specialist Position's Functional Title Part Time Front Desk Receptionist Position Start Date 11/16/2020 Position End Date (if temporary) Position Summary
Governors State University Family Development Center is seeking to hire a Part Time Front Desk Receptionist to provide overall office support and coordination for the front office and file system of the FDC . This person will assure patrons are greeted promptly, the phone is answered courteously, and all enrolled children’s files are maintained in an orderly fashion.
This is a part time position where hours may vary based on schedule needs.
Salary Range: $12.97 per hour to $13.62 per hour.
(This is an unionized position. Salary starts at the base up to an additional 5% based on Education and Experience exceeding the minimum qualifications per union contract).
REQUIRED : DOCUMENTATION CONFIRMING HIGH SCHOOL COMPLETION OR EQUIVALENT MUST BE ATTACHED FOR CONSIDERATION OF THIS POSITION, COLLEGE / UNIVERSITY TRANSCRIPTS MAY BE SUBSTITUTED (See “Special instructions to applicants” section below).
1. Must be a resident of the State of Illinois.
2. High school graduation or equivalent.
3. Twelve (12) months of clerical/office support work experience comparable to that performed at the Office Support Associate level of this series or in other positions of comparable responsibility.
4. Any one or combination totaling twenty-four (24) months from the following categories:
a) work experience performing clerical/office support work, including use of computer systems.
b) vocational training that provided a knowledge of generally accepted clerical procedures.
c) college or university course work in Office Occupations, Business Administration, Business Education, or closely related fields
d) college or university course work in
• twelve (12) semester hours = six (6)
• twenty-four (24) semester hours = twelve (12) months
• thirty-six (36) semester hours = eighteen (18) months
• forty-eight (48) semester hours = twenty-four (24) months
For more details visit www.sucss.illinois.gov
At least 19 years old.
Posting Date 10/28/2020 Closing Date 11/07/2020 Open Until Filled No Posting Number CS0465P Type of Search Internal Quicklink for Posting http://employment.govst.edu/postings/5545 Employee ID Department Special Instructions to Applicants
DOCUMENTATION REQUIREMENT :
For consideration, applicants are required to attach the following:
1: Documentation confirming High School completion or equivalent; (High School Diploma or High School Transcripts or College/University TRANSCRIPTS ).
2: Illinois Driver’s License or Identification Card.
3: Online Application – Must be fully completed, include all dates of employment, employment status (full-time or if part-time, include percentages), job duties and responsibilities (full details).
4: Cover Letter.
6: A list of three Professional References.
EXAMINATION DETAILS :
This vacancy involves an in-person computerized exam. Please see the State Universities Civil Service System ( SUCSS ) website for additional details at www.sucss.illinois.gov .
RESIDENCY REQUIREMENT :
Illinois residency is required.
VETERAN’S PREFERENCE POINTS :
Veterans may be eligible to receive additional points on a passing final examination score. To determine eligibility, submit one of the following documents to the Department of Human Resources:
1: Department of Defense – DD214/DD215
2: National Guard – NGB22 Form
3: Discharge Orders
4: Reserves – DD256 Discharge Certificate
**Note: Must be received by the closing date of this posting.
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- How did you hear about this employment opportunity?
- Public Job Posting
- Internal Job Posting
- Agency Referral
- Personal Referral
- * Are you a resident of the State of Illinois?
- * Do you have a High School Diploma or GED?
- * Are you at least 19 years of age?
- Do you have access to official copies of your transcripts?
- Cover Letter
- List of References
- High School Diploma or GED
- Current Illinois Driver's License or Identification Card
- Veteran’s Preference Points Documentation
- Letter of Recommendation
- Certification/Professional License