Assistant or Associate Professor of Accounting
The Accounting, Finance, and Analytics Department at Dixie State University seeks applicants for a tenure-track Assistant or Associate Professor of Accounting, to start Fall Semester 2021. The Accounting program is one of the highly respected programs on campus, where graduates acquire value-added skills and applicable knowledge in highly interactive, student-oriented learning environments. This position is open to rank (Assistant/Associate) and specialization, but there is a preference for an interest in interactive data analytics within the classes taught. The program offers both an undergraduate bachelor’s degree, undergraduate minor, and graduate degree, within AACSB accreditation standards; more information about the program and its associated degrees and faculty can be found online at https://accounting.dixie.edu/ .
- Design and teach courses in Accounting and other related business/accounting areas in both lower and upper undergraduate levels as assigned, with potential to develop and teach graduate courses within the university’s Master of Accountancy (MACC) program. Base job workload is 24 credit hours per academic year.
- Counsel/advise students majoring in accounting and related areas.
- Maintain regular office hours and be available to students and other faculty.
- Attend department, division, and college faculty meetings; work with other faculty in program management; and adhere to university policies.
- Serve on university, division, and/or department committees as assigned.
- Fulfill scholarship and service requirements of faculty within the tenure track, in compliance with university policy.
- Maintain faculty qualification status for Scholarly Academic (SA) faculty according to AACSB standards.
- Perform other faculty duties as prescribed by AACSB accreditation standards for (SA) faculty.
- PhD in Accounting or closely related discipline from an accredited college or university is required. Applicants who are advanced ABD candidates will also be considered if degree completion will occur by August 2021.
- Specialization and/or experience in tax, accounting information systems, and data analytics is preferred, as well as an active professional accounting designation (CPA, CMA, etc.).
- Successful teaching experience at college or university level.
- Ability to develop innovative curricula, appropriate course content, and teach under a variety of teaching situations.
- Ability to work well with students and other faculty members.
- Knowledge and experience of assessment and accreditation standards.
- Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal skills.
POSITION DETAILS, COMPENSATION & BENEFITS: Full-time (9-month) tenure-track faculty position. Pay & benefits begin July 1, 2021, while faculty service starts in August. Annual salary of $100,000+, depending on qualifications & experience. Excellent benefits package included – see https://humanresources.dixie.edu/employee-benefits/ under “Example of DSU Benefits” for more details.
ELECTRONIC APPLICATION PROCEDURES: Application review begins November 30, 2020 ;position open until filled. Candidates must submit a cover letter, curriculum vitae, contact information for three professional references (including email addresses), transcripts, and a Student Success Statement (1-2 pages) about their teaching or other experience, successes, and challenges in working with a diverse student population). Please upload all of the requested documents when you submit your application. Employment is contingent upon successful completion and certification of required degrees and upon successfully passing a background check. If, because of a disability, you need special services or facilities in order to apply for this opening, please call the Human Resources Office (435) 652-7520.
ABOUT THE UNIVERSITY: Dixie State University is an open, inclusive, comprehensive, polytechnic institution committed to exceptional student learning and success. DSU has adopted an instructional approach of "active learning. active life" and a culture of innovation and entrepreneurship. We seek faculty and staff committed to providing students with an active, applied and career-oriented learning environment that is student-centered. Established in 1911 as a community college and in 2013 as a state university, DSU is located in picturesque southwestern Utah with its red rocks, desert climate, over 300 days of sunshine annually, and featuring easy access to world-class outdoor recreational opportunities. The nearest metropolitan area is Las Vegas, NV (120 miles) with amenities such as an international airport and professional sporting teams. Click here to learn more about the University.
Dixie State currently has approximately 12,000 students and has been a fast-growing Utah public institution of higher education over the last several years. We offer over 210 programs, including masters, bachelors, associates, certificates, endorsements, minors, and/or emphases. DSU seeks to recruit and retain diverse and ambitious faculty and staff who bring new ideas, possess values and career aspirations aligned with the mission and vision, and are inspired to build a premier open, inclusive, comprehensive, polytechnic university. DSU is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer; the President and employees of DSU are fully committed to Affirmative Action and within its programs and activities, including in admissions and employment, Dixie State University does not discriminate or tolerate discrimination, including harassment, based on race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other status protected by University policy, Title IX, or any other federal, state or local law.
The following individuals have been designated to handle inquiries regarding the application of Title IX and its implementing regulations and/or DSU’s non-discrimination policies:
- Director of Equity Compliance / Title IX Coordinator: Hazel Sainsbury - email@example.com , HCC 579, 435-652-7747.
- Deputy Title IX Coordinator: Abby Del Giacco - firstname.lastname@example.org , 435-652-7731.
- U.S. Department of Education, Office of Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights, email@example.com , 800-421-3481.
- U.S. Department of Education, Denver Regional Office, firstname.lastname@example.org , 303-844-5695.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.