RESEARCH AND COMMUNICATIONS ASSOCIATE
Part-time, grant-funded position to provide research and communications related duties in support of the Park Center for Independent Media (PCIM) and its director. Undertake independent research and public communications. Coordinate details for events, conferences, guest speakers, and student/faculty initiatives. Coordinate public presentations and serve as liaison to campus offices and outside organizations. Provide assistance, where needed, in the assimilation of data and preparation of reports. This position is approximately 20 hours per week, 40 weeks per year. Schedule will vary depending on needs.
This position reports to the Director, PCIM. On a day to day basis, the staff member will work in collaboration with, and seek guidance where necessary, with the Assistant to the Director PCIM. This position will from time to time provide guidance, direction and supervision to student assistants assigned to the department(s).
1. Undertake research on topics related to the growth, impact and future of independent media that will culminate in PCIM policy and research papers.
2. Maintain and update the PCIM website and oversee the students who assist PCIM with developing content for social media accounts – specifically, YouTube, Facebook, Instagram and Twitter among others.
3. Commission and edit articles and reports for PCIM website and help develop a plan to create an external publications portal.
4. Contribute occasional articles and reports for the website in consultation with director and advisory faculty.
5. Work with director in conceptualizing, planning and executing symposia on independent media.
6. Assist in the planning and coordination of events, programs, conferences, guest speakers, and student/faculty initiatives.
7. Facilitate and maintain database of PCIM contacts and potential guest speakers.
8. Communicate and work with various independent media organizations for the PCIM.
9. Coordinate interviews and public presentations for the director to enhance director’s and Center’s national profile.
10. Help in the coordination of summer Independent Media Internship program; serve as liaison to organizations in outreach and planning internships for students, and to ensure communication between the director, students, and faculty.
11. Develop and demonstrate a multicultural awareness and contribute to cultivating an inclusive, diverse and respectful College community. Demonstrate civil and inclusive behavior when interacting with staff, faculty, students and visitors to the College. Promote a flexible, collaborative and inclusive work and living environment and engage in educational opportunities to increase awareness and understanding of diversity and inclusion.
Bachelor’s degree in journalism, politics or related area; minimum of 2 years of academic research and/or academic writing experience; excellent attention to detail and verbal and written skills; basic knowledge of website creation and database tools. The ideal applicant will have a graduate degree in journalism, politics, or related area and specific experience in conducting research and supporting academic events related to journalism.
Most of the work is expected to be carried our remotely. Presence on campus will be required especially for regular coordination meetings of the center. Participation in and presence at all PCIM events is mandatory. Occasionally, the incumbent may need to travel within or outside Ithaca.
Ithaca College is committed to building a diverse academic community and encourages members of underrepresented groups to apply. Experience that contributes to the diversity of the college is appreciated.
Interested applicants must apply online and attach a resume, cover letter, list of three professional supervisory references, and a writing sample. Questions about online applications should be directed to the Office of Human Resources at (607) 274-8000.
Visa sponsorship is not provided for this position.
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Part Time jobs in Ithaca
- Academic Affairs Not specified Part Time jobs in Ithaca
- Institutional Research & Planning Not specified Part Time jobs in Ithaca
- Other Academic Affairs Not specified Part Time jobs in Ithaca
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Part Time jobs in Ithaca