Employees hired into Administrative and Professional positions posted on or after July 1, 2017, will be governed by and, if employed on July 1, 2018 will move into the new University Human Resources System. For additional information, go to http://greatplace.vcu.edu.
Position Number F56450 Is this employee on a H1B Visa? Position Type Teaching and Research Faculty Rank Open Working Title Faculty Researcher School/Unit School of Nursing Department Adult Health & Nursing Systems Number of Months 12 Tenure Status Tenure Eligible Grant funded position? No
Mission or Goal of Unit
We shape the future of nursing through the power of education, discovery, and collaboration.
Chief purpose of this position in support of above mission or goal
We invite you to apply for this 12-month full-time, tenure-eligible position at the rank of Assistant or Associate Professor that will maintain an active program of research; be involved in teaching, advisement, and mentorship of students; and be committed to service to the School of Nursing, university, profession, and community. Research foci and skills of particular interest include biobehavioral, clinical research, community-based research, symptom management, and health system quality and safety within the context of health care systems.
Rank and salary are commensurate with experience and preparation.
• Demonstrates commitment to contributing to VCU’s Quest 2025 strategic goals (https://quest.vcu.edu/)
• Engages faculty, students, and staff to foster a diverse community at VCU
• Demonstrates an integrated academic life, contributing to the teaching, research, and service missions in an urban research-intensive university with an academic health sciences center
• Implements a program of research leading to external funding
• Contributes to enhanced effectiveness of the community of scholars
• Participates in all aspects of curriculum, including teaching
• Research doctoral degree
• Demonstrated or potential excellence in teaching
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• An established or developing program of interdisciplinary research that complements the areas of emphasis within the School, including but not limited to biobehavioral, symptom management, outcomes, health systems, quality and safety, and health promotion research across the life span
• Demonstrated experience working in and fostering a diverse faculty, staff, and student environment or commitment to do so as a faculty member at VCU
• Additional bachelor’s or master’s degree in nursing, with active RN license or eligible for licensure in Virginia
• Experience in higher education including teaching, curriculum development, accreditation, and/or program review or assessment
• Doctoral degree (PhD or DNP ) in nursing or related field
• Post-doctoral training in nursing or related heath discipline
• Record of accomplishments in scholarship and professional service
• Demonstrated or potential excellence in leadership skills, including excellence in working effectively with others
Date Posted 10/27/2020 Open Until Filled Yes Application Deadline Date Proposed Hire Date 01/01/2021 Type of Search National Application Process/Additional Information
As a preeminent national, urban, public research university and academic health center, Virginia Commonwealth University is committed to organizational diversity, equity and inclusion – an environment where all can thrive in their pursuit of excellence.
Applicants are requested to submit a Statement of Contributions to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (typically between 150-300 words) providing your career aspirations and contributions toward promoting diversity, equity, and inclusion. Through this statement, you can share how your lived experiences; and past, present, and future academic and professional activities have or will contribute to VCU’s mission of promoting equity and inclusion.
Note: Examples include working with others to further the goals of equity and inclusion; leading in any capacity that tangibly promotes an environment where diversity is welcomed, fostered, and celebrated; creative activity, research and scholarship that promotes equity and parity; teaching and mentoring students, and/or engaging with faculty and/or staff from traditionally underrepresented groups to create a positive and successful organizational experience.
Posted Salary Quick Link https://www.vcujobs.com/postings/101381 Diversity Statement Information For more information on diversity statements, including guidelines, please click here . Supplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application
- Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- Diversity Statement (Required for all Faculty)
- Reference Letter - 1
- Reference Letter - 2
- Reference Letter - 3