Clinical Assistant Professor - Speech-Language Pathology - (FAC001577)
The Department of Communication Sciences and Disorders, a CAA-accredited program in Speech-Language Pathology at the University of Houston, seeks applicants for a twelve-month, non-tenure-track clinical faculty position, effective Fall 2021.
Responsibilities include providing speech-language pathology services and clinical education in a university speech-language-hearing clinic and teaching a variety of undergraduate courses in communication sciences and disorders.
The University of Houston, a Carnegie designated Tier One public research university, is centrally located in the vibrant international city of Houston, Texas. The fourth largest city in the nation, Houston is a dynamic cultural and business center. The University of Houston is located with convenient access to downtown and within four miles of the nationally and internationally recognized Texas Medical Center, with more than 30 medical facilities affording numerous opportunities for collaboration. Each year UH educates over 46,000 students and is one of the most culturally diverse campuses in the U.S.
The Department of Communication Sciences and Disorders ( www.class.uh.edu/comd ) has approximately 300 undergraduate and 80 graduate students. Degrees offered include: B.A. and B.S. degrees in Communication Sciences and Disorders, an M.A. degree in Speech-Language Pathology, and a Ph.D. in Communication Sciences and Disorders. Additionally, the department offers a post-baccalaureate leveling program and an SLP-Assistant certificate program. Our on-campus clinic provides services to the greater Houston area that represent diverse racial/ethnic backgrounds, ages, disorders and etiologies
The University of Houston is an Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action employer. Minorities, women, veterans, and persons with disability are encouraged to apply.
- Earned doctorate in Speech-Language Pathology or related field
- ASHA clinical certification and current eligibility for Texas state licensing as clinical speech-language pathologist
- Three years direct clinical experience in speech-language pathology
- Documented completion of ASHA continuing education requirement for supervision
- Experience teaching and/or willingness to teach a variety of undergraduate courses
- Two or more years of clinical education/supervision
- Familiarity with billing for clinical services
- Experience with, or knowledge of, non-profit business structures
Notes to Applicant: Official transcripts are required for a faculty appointment and will be requested upon selection of final candidate. All positions at the University of Houston are security sensitive and will require a criminal history check.