UM Concessions Manager, UM Campus Dining
UM Campus Dining invites applications for a Concessions Manager (Culinary Svcs Manager II) . Campus Dining is currently seeking candidates with the right qualifications to join our professional management team and be the next UM Concessions manager. The UM Concessions manager provides administrative and fiscal oversight, operational support, leadership, and management for UM Concessions in the Adams Event Center, Washington Grizzly Stadium, and all campus athletic fields. The successful candidate will be a visionary leader who is proactive, creates a positive work environment, communicates effectively, promotes individual growth, and acts with integrity.
Campus Dining (UMCD) is an international award-winning, self-operated, collegiate foodservice department. UMCD has developed the very successful UM Farm to College Program, and has become a nationally recognized leader in implementing sustainable business practices . Our creative chefs and culinary team have won numerous recipe contests and cooking competitions. For more about UM Dining, please visit our website at http://www.umt.edu/dining .
The University of Montana is a great place to grow, develop professionally, and thrive. We value hard work, intellectual curiosity, diversity, collegiality, innovative thinking, sustainability, and teamwork. Our campus, located in the heart of western Montana’s stunning natural landscape, attracts first-rate educators, researchers, professional staff, and students from around the world.
- Management and oversight of concessions operations
- Upper-level management and supervision of staff
- Managing high-quality foodservice operations
- Budget development and labor and food cost control
- Menu development and production of high-quality food and dining experiences
- Purchasing and inventory management of food, supplies, major and minor equipment, and capital improvement planning
- Analyzing standard and custom foodservice reports, such as profit and loss statements, labor cost variance reports, POS reports, and annual operating budgets
- Effectively communicating through written and verbal formats
- Microsoft Office Suite, time accounting software, point-of-sale devices, and computerized food management systems (CBORD, Computrition, Aurora, or similar)
Minimum Required Experience
- Extensive experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities at this level are typically acquired with a four-year degree in hospitality or food service management or a related field, plus a minimum of four years of directly related experience, or a two-year degree from an accredited culinary program, with four years of related food service management experience. Three of those years must be in a concessions operation in a management role.
About UM Campus Dining, UM , and Missoula
Campus Dining supports student success through superior cuisine, exceptional dining experiences, and sustainable business practices.
Shared Values and Guiding Principles
- NOURISHMENT: We serve wholesome, high quality, and nutritious food.
- GUEST SERVICE: The people we serve are our guests. We will exceed our guests’ expectations.
- SUSTAINABILITY : We commit to local, regional, and global environmental stewardship through sustainable business practices and agricultural economic development in Montana through the UM Farm to College Program.
- PROFESSIONALISM : We exhibit passion, excellence, integrity, loyalty, responsiveness, and innovation in the pursuit of our profession. We affirm, cultivate, and value our employees through professional development.
- DIVERSITY : We respect and celebrate the contributions, rights, and dignity of our diverse employees and guests.
- PARTNERSHIPS: We cultivate collaborative and financial partnerships with our on- and off-campus colleagues in support of the University’s mission.
- FISCAL RESPONSIBILITY: As a self-operated dining department, we maintain profitability to meet our obligations as a self-funded state auxiliary account. We are entrepreneurial in our exploration and development of new revenue opportunities.
The University of Montana is a unit of the Montana University System with over 10,000 students. It is located in Missoula, a culturally vibrant community of about 72,000, surrounded by mountain grandeur which was recently ranked in the “ top 20 best college towns with a population of less than 250,000 ” by the American Institute for Economic Research and ranked 9th in Outside Magazine’s “ The 16 Greatest Places to Live in America” in 2014 . Many national publications recognize Missoula for its high quality of life . Abundant recreational opportunities in surrounding state and national forests and nearby Glacier National Park and Yellowstone National Park complement a thriving intellectual atmosphere. The University of Montana offers eligible employees a generous benefits package that positively separates UM from other local employers and offers many programs and policies to support work-life balance for its employees.
The University of Montana is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer and has a strong institutional commitment to the principle of diversity in all areas. In that spirit, we are particularly interested in receiving applications from a broad spectrum of qualified people who would assist the University in demonstrating its five priorities for action : Place student success at the center of all we do; drive excellence and innovation in teaching, learning, and research; embody the principle of “mission first, people always"; partner with place; and proudly tell the UM story.
To learn more about the University of Montana, Missoula, and the State of Montana, please visit the links below.
Position Title: Culinary Svcs Manager II
Position Number: 008470
Department: UM Concessions
Work Schedule: Full-time, 1.0 FTE (40 Hours a week), 12 months/year, the position requires an alternative work schedule.
Salary: $21.169/hr –Current employee’s rate of pay for this position will be determined by the staff compensation plan and will minimally be this posted salary. For questions and details regarding the staff compensation plan, email the Compensation Department .
Union Affiliation: None
Probationary Period: Six months minimum
Benefits Include : Insurance package, mandatory retirement plan, partial tuition waiver, and wellness program.
Criminal Background Investigation is required before the Offer of Employment Per University regulations, finalists for this position will be subject to criminal background investigations. ADA/EOE/AA/Veteran's Preference Reasonable accommodations are provided in the hiring process for persons with disabilities. For example, this material is available in alternative format upon request. As an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, we encourage applications from minorities, veterans, and women. Qualified candidates may request veterans’ or disabilities preference in accordance with state law. References: References not listed on the application materials may be contacted; notice may be provided to the applicant. Testing: Individual hiring departments at UM may elect to administer pre-employment tests, which are relevant to essential job functions. Employment Eligibility: All New Employees must be eligible and show employment eligibility verification by the first date of employment at UM, as legally required (e.g., Form I-9).
How to Apply
Priority Application Date: Wednesday , November 11, 2020 by 11:59 PM (Mountain Time)
Complete applications received by the ‘Priority Application Date’ will be guaranteed consideration. The position will remain open until filled. Candidates are required to submit the following materials online.
A complete application Includes:
- Letter of Interest – addressing your qualifications and experience related to the stated required skills for the position. A general letter salutation such as “Dear Search Committee” or “Dear Hiring Manager” is acceptable.
- Detailed Resume – listing education and describing work experience
- Professional References – names and contact information for three (3) professional references
Job Location Missoula, Montana, United States
Position Type Full-Time/Regular