Gateway 2 Program Supervisor
Gateway 2 Program Supervisor
Founded in 1898, Northeastern is a global research university and the recognized leader in experience-driven lifelong learning. Our world-renowned experiential approach empowers our students, faculty, alumni, and partners to create impact far beyond the confines of discipline, degree, and campus.
Our locations—in Boston; Charlotte, North Carolina; London; Portland, Maine; San Francisco; Seattle; Silicon Valley; Toronto; Vancouver; and the Massachusetts communities of Burlington and Nahant—are nodes in our growing global university system. Through this network, we expand opportunities for flexible, student-centered learning and collaborative, solutions-focused research.
Northeastern's comprehensive array of undergraduate and graduate programs— in a variety of on-campus and online formats—lead to degrees through the doctorate in nine colleges and schools. Among these, we offer more than 195 multi-discipline majors and degrees designed to prepare students for purposeful lives and careers.
About the Opportunity:
The Pre-Practicum University Supervisor observes and documents the teacher candidate's demonstration of professional competencies relative to the Massachusetts Department of Elementary and Secondary Education Professional Standards for Teachers and also serves as an advocate and additional resource for the student and school. Working closely with the cooperating teacher, the University Supervisor supports the teacher candidate's developing practice.
To meet this important goal, the supervisor should:
- Be familiar with the policies, expectations, evaluations, and administrative tasks of pre-practicum candidate requirements and the student teaching experience (including, but not limited, to the Professional Standards for Teachers and Subject Matter Knowledge Guidelines)
- Schedule, facilitate & participate in observations with candidates and Host Teachers
- Provide verbal and written feedback in a timely manner
- Complete and submit all necessary paperwork, assessments, and evaluations with a strict adherence to deadlines
- Work closely with candidates to integrate or reconcile University curriculum and school philosophy
- Monitor teacher candidates' progress & provide support
- Communicate regularly with Office of Licensure and Field Placement
- Identify areas of concern
- Attend orientations and other scheduled meetings as necessary
Northeastern University is an equal opportunity employer, seeking to recruit and support a broadly diverse community of faculty and staff. Northeastern values and celebrates diversity in all its forms and strives to foster an inclusive culture built on respect that affirms inter-group relations and builds cohesion.
All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
To learn more about Northeastern University's commitment and support of diversity and inclusion, please see www.northeastern.edu/diversity.
To apply, visit https://careers.pageuppeople.com/879/cw/en-us/job/504091