Chair and Lead Faculty, MPA Program
Presidio Graduate School (PGS) educates and inspires a new generation of leaders in what have been described as the nation’s most innovative and respected graduate programs in sustainability. As Duff McDonald wrote in the New York Times, “if you want to change the world, go to Presidio Graduate School."
PGS’s programs emphasize curriculum integration, systems thinking, and experiential learning, as well as a focus on environmental sustainability and social justice in every course. Our faculty members are committed to teaching excellence, practice-oriented research, maintaining the vibrant PGS community, and building the field of sustainability and social justice leaders. PGS is regionally accredited by the Western Association of Schools and Colleges.
For more information about PGS, our community, and course
offerings, please visit https://www.presidio.edu/academics/
As part of our plans to expand our academic offerings, PGS is in the process of launching a largely online Masters in Public Administration program. The Chair of the Master’s in Public Administration program will join PGS at a pivotal moment of program development. To support our exciting new program, built around problem and inquiry-based learning, we are looking for someone who can bring steady, creative, and passionate leadership to ensure the vision of the program is well-executed. The Chair will immerse themselves in the PGS community, lead the collaborative launch of this new program, including teaching multiple courses, ensure a top-quality student experience, and ensure the program maintains academic excellence.
We are looking for a candidate that wants to help build an innovative, cutting edge MPA program, based in systems thinking, that brings together key aspects of environmental sustainability and social justice through problem-based learning to empower the next generation of public administration professionals.
- Programmatic Leadership
- Leading the roll-out and growth of a top-tier MPA program focused on social justice, sustainability, and systems thinking
- Hiring and developing faculty to ensure academic excellence
- Creating and managing unique hands on learning opportunities through the creation of new body such as a Public Partnership Lab
- Supporting the problem-based learning approach by building and maintaining community partnerships for student experiential learning projects
- Curriculum Development and Ongoing Assessment
- Collaborating in the development a complete program course list with course descriptions and course learning outcomes.
- Collaborating to ensure program alignment to external standards including the development and execution of ongoing assessment
- Developing and teaching selected courses in the new program
- Broad disciplinary understanding of Public Administration, Public Policy, and/or Urban Planning.
- Master's degree in a related discipline.
- Critical understanding of the relationship between systems thinking, environmental sustainability, social justice, the common good, and civic leadership.
- Relevant teaching experience or demonstrable ability to teach at the graduate level.
- Experience in leadership and pedagogy of academic programs in a reputable university in both online and in-person modalities.
- PhD in a related discipline.
- Evidence of thought leadership in systems thinking, environmental sustainability, social justice, and/or civic leadership.
- Experience or demonstrable ability to develop and teach online courses and use online teaching platforms.
- Relevant professional experience and demonstrable ability to integrate practice into applied teaching methodologies at the graduate level.
- Based in the San Francisco Bay Area.
Candidates are invited to submit an application packet to email@example.com. Applications should include the following documents:
- Cover letter
- Curriculum Vitae
- Unofficial Academic Transcripts (official transcripts due upon hire)
- Teaching Statement
- Academic Leadership Philosophy Statement
- Teaching Portfolio including syllabi and/or a summary of teaching evaluations
- Evidence of Professional Practice. Submit any one, or combination of the following: Portfolio of projects (pdf file), Personal or professional website, examples of published work (pdf file).
Apply for Chair and Lead Faculty, MPA Program
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in San Francisco
- Business & Management Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in San Francisco
- Other Business & Management Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in San Francisco
- Professional Fields Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in San Francisco
- Public Administration & Policy Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in San Francisco