Material Control Specialist
The Center for Gene Therapy is seeking a Material Control Specialist to provide end-to-end chain materials management for Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) Facilities in the Center for Cell and Gene Therapy.
- Schedule and coordinate the efficient delivery and distribution of stock.
- Order supplies on daily basis through BCM SAP system.
- Receive and store the materials appropriately according to standard operating procedures (SOPs).
- Work within a team of Materials Management, interacting with GMP laboratories staff on materials orders and receipt.
- Verify that obtained materials meet release specifications, obtain certificate of analysis from manufacturers, document the release of materials and obtain quality assurance (QA) review and approvals.
- Identify the alternative distributors or vendors.
- Analyze usage and identify potential supply shortages and place orders proactively in a timely manner.
- Manage documentation, verify the invoices and work with CAGT administration and BCM purchasing on ordering.
- Restock GMP facility with materials and reagents.
- Remove expired inventory from the facility.
- Performs other job related duties as assigned.
- Education Required: High School diploma or GED.
- Experience Required: Three years of relevant experience.
- Certification/Licenses/Registration: None Required.
- Education Preferred: Additional technical training beyond high school.
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Health & Medicine Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Other Health & Medicine Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston