Tenure-track Assistant Professor of Clinical/Counseling Psychology
Midwestern State University. Assistant Professor, Clinical/Counseling Psychology
The Psychology Department at Midwestern State University invites applications for a tenure-track position at the rank of Assistant Professor to begin August 2021.
Midwestern State University is a leading public liberal arts university committed to providing students with a rigorous undergraduate and graduate education. Midwestern State University prides itself on an emphasis on teaching, undergraduate research participation, and high-impact teaching.
Wichita Falls, TX is home to Midwestern State University. Wichita Falls is a quiet community located in North Central Texas, approximately two hours from both the Dallas/Ft. Worth metroplex and Oklahoma City.Position:
The Search Committee gives preference to candidates whose research and teaching complement that currently within the department. The successful faculty member is expected to teach a 4/4 load, with three unique courses. However, all faculty receive a single course load reduction each semester when teaching a graduate course. Additionally, it is expected that the successful applicant maintain an active research agenda, promote undergraduate research opportunities, fulfill service requirements, and provide academic advising.Required Qualifications:
The successful candidate must:
- have earned a doctorate from an APA -accredited program in Clinical Psychology, Counseling Psychology, or a closely related area, by August 2021 (ABD acceptable at the rank of Instructor. PhD required by August 2022);
- demonstrate a commitment to high-quality undergraduate and graduate education;
- be able to teach a range of graduate courses including Applied Ethics, Multicultural Psychology, and Biological Bases of Human Behavior.
- be able to teach a range of undergraduate courses including General Psychology, Clinical Psychology, and area of specialty;
- exhibit a record of sustainable research able to integrate undergraduate and graduate students;
- be or become a licensed psychologist in the State of Texas, capable of providing individual and group supervision; and,
- demonstrate the ability to work
The Search Committee is particularly interested in candidates with:
- previous experience implementing high-impact teaching practices (e.g., learning communities, service learning);
- experience delivering high-quality online teaching; and,
- an ability to teach graduate level Intellectual Assessment.
Applicants will submit a letter of intent addressing both the Required and Preferred Qualifications; a curriculum vita; graduate transcripts; and, three letters of recommendation. All materials will be submitted electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org or mailed to: Faculty Search Committee, Department of Psychology, Midwestern State University, 3410 Taft Blvd, Wichita Falls, TX 76308.
Please direct any questions to Dr. David Carlston, Department Chair at email@example.com or by phone 940-397-4718.Application Deadline
Application review begins immediately. To receive full consideration, please submit all materials by December 15th, 2020. Position is open until filled.
This position is designated as security sensitive and requires the finalist to complete a criminal background check. Midwestern State University is an EEO/ADAAA compliance employer.
Apply for Tenure-track Assistant Professor of Clinical/Counseling Psychology
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly