Residence Life Coordinator
Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University is now recruiting for a Residence Life Coordinator for the Daytona Beach campus. The Residence Life Coordinator is responsible for the primary oversight, coordination, and implementation of all residential living and learning for an assigned on-campus residential area. The primary focus of the position is to supervise undergraduate and graduate paraprofessional staff for their assigned area, provide support and resources for the on-campus residents, implementation of Residential Curriculum initiatives, and advising area councils. This position assists, as needed, with all department initiatives including but not limited to, semester check in and out, break closing and openings, on campus programming, student conduct administration, and other duties as assigned. This position requires that the candidate live on campus in an assignment apartment and serves in a department on-call rotation.
Staff Supervision; Student Development and Education
- Provide supervision and guidance to student staff on a daily basis. Provide guidance as needed for students’ individual and group issues, problems, or concerns. Assist with the formation and implementation of staff training and development activities.
- Supervise Senior Resident Advisors and Resident Advisors in assigned area through one on one meetings, staff meetings, and ongoing evaluation processes.
- Provide advice, guidance, or other services regarding specific situations, such as roommate conflicts or student concerns.
- Develop and implement mediation and resolution strategies for various student needs.
- Act as a referral agent for areas of concern outside of Housing and Residence Life such as academics, counseling center, financial aid, and other campus partners.
- Oversee the overall implementation of a budget of approximately $10,000.
- Assist with student staff training as needed.
- Develop a cohesive team environment.
- Assist with student staff selection as needed
- Facilitate and advise area council for assigned residential area.
Residential Curriculum Implementation
- Provide guidance to staff in the implantation of curriculum initiatives including intentional interactions, area initiatives and programs, and collaboration with campus partners.
- Attend events and initiatives for assigned areas including area council sponsored programs.
- Maintain high visibility in assigned residential area through area council and frequent building/area walks.
- Ensure staff and community are meeting goals and expectation of the Residential Curriculum.
- Support any Living Learning or Themed Communities within their areas in conjunction with Asst. Director of HRL.
Crisis Response and Management
- Participate in the department on-call crisis response and management rotation for up to a week at a time.
- Assist Campus Safety with Fire Alarm Drills.
- Work cooperatively with the Counseling Center, Health Services, Campus Safety, Student Activities, First-Year Programs, and the Dean of Students Office to resolve student conflicts and crisis.
- Facilitate Health and safety inspections for the assigned residential area.
- Assist in the mediating and resolving conflict between residents and staff.
- Attend weekly staff meetings for the Department.
- Adjudicate student conduct violations for low-level residential policy violations.
- Supervise student staff participation in administrative processes such as check in/check out and health and safety inspections.
- Oversee the management of eRezLife software for assigned student staff
- Master’s Degree in Student Development, Higher Education, or related field is required.
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, and administrative skills are necessary.
- Preference will be given to those with previous graduate or professional experience in Housing/Residence Life.
- Candidate would be required to live on campus in a University provided apartment.
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Daytona Beach
- Student Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Daytona Beach
- Counseling Not specified Full Time jobs in Daytona Beach
- Health Services Not specified Full Time jobs in Daytona Beach
- Other Student Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Daytona Beach